University of Utah Petrified Wood Collection

DeepTimeIsotopes

18 minutes ago, goatinformationist said:

Thanks so much for sharing this with the rest of us.  Honestly, all the way from Utah!

Well I live here so it’s not so far for me.:hearty-laugh:

• I found this Informative 1

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

Great stuff!  It could help me to identify some of the pet wood pieces I have which came to me with no info.

I wonder how big was the saw they used to cut those... 

3 hours ago, Wrangellian said:

Great stuff!  It could help me to identify some of the pet wood pieces I have which came to me with no info.

I wonder how big was the saw they used to cut those... 

They’ve got some honking huge saws, I’ll tell you that.

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

2 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

great posts thank you . I have some nice pet wood myself. Thank you so much for sharing 

You’re welcome!

Quick glance at the first picture and for a moment I thought the Fab Four had donated some petrified wood :headscratch:

7CAA166F-253B-4D43-B47A-E83F83E5F816.jpeg.95fd363d53d7901da5b609971ef9856e.jpeg

A4D8CB9F-6A8D-48CD-BF88-B21DA3677781.jpeg.0621402b513b189cf554db2ce1bb395b.jpeg

Lovely and colorful pieces! The university must have huge saws indeed for such specimens. I have some pet wood stashed somewhere... I think. Thanks for the trip to Utah from Texas.

• I found this Informative 1

7 hours ago, Heteromorph said:

Quick glance at the first picture and for a moment I thought the Fab Four had donated some petrified wood :headscratch:

Lovely and colorful pieces! The university must have huge saws indeed for such specimens. I have some pet wood stashed somewhere... I think. Thanks for the trip to Utah from Texas.

You’re welcome! It’s only one letter off.:hearty-laugh:

7 hours ago, KCMOfossil said:

Really fascinating.  Thanks for posting this.

You’re welcome!