blackmoth

Morocco ordovician trilobite

blackmoth

This little spherical trilobite is given to me as a gift by a French friend in an mineral and fossil exhibit in Beijing, who said it must be a Morocco ordovician species.

Is it possible for me to get to know more here?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Fossildude19

We'll need better pictures (view from directly above)  of the cephalon and the pygidim, to have any success with an ID.  

Back up a bit from the subject, as the ruler is in focus but the trilobite is not. 

blackmoth

dorsal.jpg

head.jpg

tail.jpg

side.jpg

Fossildude19

Kane

Looks somewhat similar to Bavarilla zemmourensis. The pygidium has the telltale appearance of a phacopid. I can't really make out the cephalon features very well in this image. Is there still some matrix to remove, or is it completely effaced? 

blackmoth
15 hours ago, Kane said:

Looks somewhat similar to Bavarilla zemmourensis. The pygidium has the telltale appearance of a phacopid. I can't really make out the cephalon features very well in this image. Is there still some matrix to remove, or is it completely effaced? 

I have no idea. either way, the blue stuff is very hard,  to even leave a scratch on it.  considering fine features are already broken down in many places, there is little I could do (with a needle or some chemicals )