Around Salt Lake City in 3 Days

DeepTimeIsotopes

1 hour ago, UtahFossilHunter said:

E6B779CB-99C3-47DB-8CF3-AF1444D09BF9.thumb.jpeg.e36f1ef587301ae27b7ff41240cc715e.jpeg

Nice report! Do you know the species of trilobite bits in this matrix?

• I found this Informative 1

26 minutes ago, minnbuckeye said:

Nice report! Do you know the species of trilobite bits in this matrix?

Most likely Paladin chesterensis according to this paper

1302346.pdf

• I found this Informative 2

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

Just now, Echinoid said:

Interesting trip! Thanks for sharing :) 

You’re welcome!

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Very interesting and informative field report with some great pictures.:)

Thank you very much for sharing this with us.  

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

17 minutes ago, ynot said:

:thumbsu:

I like the structural stuff too.

Cool, that makes 3 of us with @The Amateur Paleontologist:1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

9 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Very interesting and informative field report with some great pictures.:)

Thank you very much for sharing this with us.  

My pleasure!

Thanks for sharing. Please keep boring us with your geology reports, even if they are faulty! ;)

"Don't force it, just use a bigger hammer"

11 minutes ago, Paciphacops said:

Thanks for sharing. Please keep boring us with your geology reports, even if they are faulty! ;)

It’s not my fault that structures are everywhere.:1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

28 minutes ago, UtahFossilHunter said:

It’s not my fault that structures are everywhere.:1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

And soon I'll be able to understand those structures! (One of the modules next year at uni will be structural geology :))

-Christian

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

9 minutes ago, The Amateur Paleontologist said:

And soon I'll be able to understand those structures! (One of the modules next year at uni will be structural geology :))

-Christian

They’re fun to learn about. Enjoy it!

Its not my kind of stuff but I have to say the structural stuff was very interesing, plus, just gettin outside is always nice.  Nice report man.

RB

36 minutes ago, RJB said:

Its not my kind of stuff but I have to say the structural stuff was very interesing, plus, just gettin outside is always nice.  Nice report man.

RB

It’s a fun secondary hobby just to notice things while you’re out and about. Helps make even the most mundane micrite interesting. Thanks!

7 hours ago, UtahFossilHunter said:

just to notice things while you’re out and about. Helps make even the most mundane micrite interesting

Thats the true scientist of the earth! Every rock and outcrop tells a story, you just have to appreciate and discern it.

Franz Bernhard

8 hours ago, FranzBernhard said:

Thats the true scientist of the earth! Every rock and outcrop tells a story, you just have to appreciate and discern it.

Franz Bernhard

Information is in every outcrop, it only needs an interpreter to notice it. I try to notice these things so I know just a little bit more about the area I’m hunting in. 

4 hours ago, Monica said:

I'd love to see this hash plate cleaned up - great find! :dinothumb:

It would certainly make a diverse display and thanks!