Miocene_Mason

I happened to be in Gettysburg for the weekend, and I remembered an article I had read a while back. It said something about Dinosaur prints at the Gettysburg battlegrounds. So I took a trip to the location and took a look around, here’s the prints I could see with all the rain: 

884F470E-5B16-489F-90C0-4FD11C185E1D.jpeg

Clearest two, it’s a foot and hand from Atreipus milfordensis.

• I found this Informative 5

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Too big to post, I’m gonna cut them down...

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Here’s some harder to see ones, the one in lighter stone is easy to see when there’s no glare from the water

30E5B86B-D624-4D12-B97D-A18475381A9F.jpeg

F108F69B-21E0-488B-ACBA-D2B1CE17FF3D.jpeg

“Anchisauripus” sillmani for the first one I believe.

• I found this Informative 2

Happy hunting,

Mason

Ripple marks:

24B51FC4-2CFC-4B6A-AFDA-BFCF0D8B3953.png

• I found this Informative 2

Happy hunting,

Mason

Sedimentary structures and invertebrate burrows

08B775B9-D06D-4D8F-9908-EA7476E2420C.jpeg

• I found this Informative 3

Happy hunting,

Mason

That’s all I got pictures of. These are late triassic aged prints from the Heidlersburg member of the Gettysburg shale. They were quarried at the now defunct Trostle Quarry. Wonder if people still find things there.

Lastly, Here’s me looking stupid with atreipus milfordensis:

57274862-DC65-44C6-B940-E25DFFCE95BA.jpeg

• I found this Informative 5

Happy hunting,

Mason

29 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Very nice prints. 

Most interesting.

Thanks for sharing.:)

Thanks!

Happy hunting,

Mason

24 minutes ago, Adam86cucv said:

Pretty cool. And right around the corner from me.  

Yeah, definitely worth a visit.

Happy hunting,

Mason

Haven’t been Gettysburg yet but this just bumped it up a couple spots on my list. Thanks for the pictures!

• I found this Informative 1

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

20 minutes ago, UtahFossilHunter said:

Haven’t been Gettysburg yet but this just bumped it up a couple spots on my list. Thanks for the pictures!

No problem! It’s worth a visit for it’s historical significance alone. Of course, I typically take it for granted as it’s one hour away and my area is criss crossed with Civil War sites. I still see something new every time I go, like this Civil war era graffiti on little round top:

C03A9CB6-F3E8-4F61-BDF7-40AADA3DF2C9.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

Happy hunting,

Mason