A number of unknowns

Wolf89

I have a number of unknowns as well as a couple questions. Is Aurora, Yorktown formation or Pungo? What is the age of Aurora? The scale is a U.S quarter, about 1 inch or 2.54 cm

Shells from aurora:

20181216_172616.jpg

My guess for the ammonites at the bottom would be Cleoniceras sp. Cretaceous, Madagascar. 

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

1 hour ago, Wolf89 said:

20181216_172810.jpg

Ark clam is the common name for a family of small to large-sized saltwater clams or marine bivalve molluscs in the family Arcidae. Ark clams vary both in shape and size. They number about 200 species worldwide

1 hour ago, Wolf89 said:

20181216_173632.jpg

Maybe Phacops? A picture for comparison : 

Unknown-5.jpeg

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

15 minutes ago, Thecosmilia Trichitoma said:

Maybe Phacops? A picture for comparison : 

Unknown-5.jpeg

No it has those things coming off the side of its head. I was thinking gerastos?

10 hours ago, Wolf89 said:

Is Aurora, Yorktown formation or Pungo? What is the age of Aurora?

The phosphate they are mining at Lee Creek is the mid Miocene Pungo River Formation but the upper layers of the mine will fall into the shovels and mix with the other material. Pliocene Yorktown Formation and Pleistocene James City and other Pleistocene will be mixed in. The shells are mostly Pleistocene because the aragonite in the Pungo River and Yorktown is leached away at this location.

• I found this Informative 1