New Prep Shop

Ptychodus04

2 hours ago, Ptychodus04 said:

Ye Olde prep shop is coming along nicely. Today I got the plywood paneling on the exterior and started installing the purlins for the metal roof.F0A94ED1-2012-429A-860F-D50E698BD4DA.thumb.jpeg.a518c0b2e595531d4800804c286a6f3f.jpeg

Looking really nice!  How are you going to get electrical out to it?

3 minutes ago, Sagebrush Steve said:

Looking really nice!  How are you going to get electrical out to it?

I’m planning to bury a conduit with 2 circuits worth of wire in it.  

• I found this Informative 1

Today, I got the metal roof on, most of the exterior trim done, all the cracks seals up with foam, and the insulation inside.

Not much change from the pictures but a lot of work.

9E8680AC-3A98-4E61-B9FC-00240F718699.thumb.jpeg.a1cb49db8e91f9d64cc7df1015271fad.jpeg

• I found this Informative 3

I’d love one of those, but my backyard is so tiny it would take up possibly 1/4 of it. 4 more years and I can move a little further out and hopefully have more space.

1 hour ago, KimTexan said:

I’d love one of those, but my backyard is so tiny it would take up possibly 1/4 of it. 4 more years and I can move a little further out and hopefully have more space.

This takes up a good portion of my yard also. But, I spend enough time prepping to justify the use and cost (in my mind at least). :P

Comming along nicely Kris.  If you ever want to move up to Montana I can sell you 20 acers with a huge shop on it.  :)

RB

Hokey smoke! A Fortress of Solitude! What mighty deeds will be cradled there?!?

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

23 hours ago, RJB said:

Comming along nicely Kris.  If you ever want to move up to Montana I can sell you 20 acers with a huge shop on it.  :)

RB

I would be up for that but I don’t think I could ever get my wife to life outside of Texas. :P

22 hours ago, snolly50 said:

Hokey smoke! A Fortress of Solitude! What mighty deeds will be cradled there?!?

More like dastardly deeds. :P As with all construction projects, I’m behind schedule and over budget. I finished up the actual construction on time but my move in is running slow.

I’m all set up, mostly. I’m sure I’ll rearrange some but overall, everything is in place. I’m definitely going to build some shelves to make use of the dead air space.

298D4554-187C-4C10-A21F-B09CC36C8AED.thumb.jpeg.1cdf59ab83ecf2b91c25688dcefdf3e5.jpeg

• I found this Informative 3

What?!? No beer refrigerator?!? 

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

I learned a few things about myself during this process.

1. I’m way more disorganized than I give myself credit for.

2. Judging from the plies of rock chips, I prep more than I realize.

3. I have at least 3 of every possible tool short of scribes.

4. I have several preps that I forgot I started. Sounds a lot like @RJB :D

The insulation does a good job of dampening the compressor. It can be heard from my neighbors’ fences but it’s quieter than the road noise and I’m sure significantly quieter than when it runs with my garage door open. I have a small electric heater that warms it nicely and a 1 ton AC unit that should do well in the summer. Now, I’m itching to use it... come on 12/26!

• I found this Informative 2

2 minutes ago, snolly50 said:

What?!? No beer refrigerator?!? 

I do have a small fridge... :headscratch:

Just now, Heteromorph said:

Fantastic work! You’re doing the kind of stuff I can only dream of at the moment. 

Thanks. I’ve been dreaming about this for about 15 years.

2 hours ago, RJB said:

Wow.  it all looks so clean and orginized!  Id like to see a picture in a month or two.  :)

RB

I think it will look a lot like your bench.  I think we have a similar organizational style. :P

Looking good, Kris!

Congratulations on having a space of your own.  :) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

23 hours ago, Ptychodus04 said:

I learned a few things about myself during this process.

1. I’m way more disorganized than I give myself credit for.

2. Judging from the plies of rock chips, I prep more than I realize.

3. I have at least 3 of every possible tool short of scribes.

4. I have several preps that I forgot I started. Sounds a lot like @RJB :D

The insulation does a good job of dampening the compressor. It can be heard from my neighbors’ fences but it’s quieter than the road noise and I’m sure significantly quieter than when it runs with my garage door open. I have a small electric heater that warms it nicely and a 1 ton AC unit that should do well in the summer. Now, I’m itching to use it... come on 12/26!

only several? I must have at least a 100 :hearty-laugh:. A trip means new stuff goes to the front. And so the vicious cycle continues haha.

Well done! I need one of those for me now:ighappy:

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

1 hour ago, DanJeavs said:

only several? I must have at least a 100 :hearty-laugh:. A trip means new stuff goes to the front. And so the vicious cycle continues haha.

These are my rare personal preps. Most of my work is for other people. :D

57 minutes ago, UtahFossilHunter said:

Well done! I need one of those for me now:ighappy:

It’s pretty cool. I’m going to try to dampen the compressor sound a bit more to make sure the neighbors stay happy.