ricardo

13 minutes ago, Carl said:

Pretty good candidate but hard to confirm. Is the locality and age known? Those are critical details to include.

Hello,

Thanks for your kind interest.
Yes, the age is known (Cenomanian) the locality I’m afraid will say few to TFF members suppose. Its from Tentúgal Formation (B level) where it has a strong siliciclastic sediments fraction. There are some vertebrates remains is this level. 

3 minutes ago, GeschWhat said:

NICE photos! Looks like one to me, but like @Carl said, location is everything. If you know the age, I'm assuming you know the location as well? Judging from the matrix, I'm guessing Morocco?

It's from Portugal.

• I found this Informative 1

6 minutes ago, Vieira said:

It's from Portugal.

10 minutes ago, GeschWhat said:

NICE photos! Looks like one to me, but like @Carl said, location is everything. If you know the age, I'm assuming you know the location as well? Judging from the matrix, I'm guessing Morocco?

I wrote only the Fm name and age. The country is Portugal. In this case I assume most of you aren´t familiar with this location :) Thanks Vieira and GeschWhat

1 hour ago, Rockwood said:

Have you tried licking it yet ? :)

I don't know, but for some reason people seem to think it's the thing to do. :headscratch:

:D

3 minutes ago, GeschWhat said:

Well that is a first for me. I have never seen a coprolite (or any other fossil) from Portugal. 

Really?? :shrug:

I sometimes publish fossils from Portugal. You can see in my album.

• I found this Informative 2

5 hours ago, ricardo said:

Hello,

Thanks for your kind interest.
Yes, the age is known (Cenomanian) the locality I’m afraid will say few to TFF members suppose. Its from Tentúgal Formation (B level) where it has a strong siliciclastic sediments fraction. There are some vertebrates remains is this level. 

Well, that certainly increases its chances of being a coprolite. It's still hard to be certain from these photos, however. Do you see any bone fragments within?

40 minutes ago, Carl said:

Well, that certainly increases its chances of being a coprolite. It's still hard to be certain from these photos, however. Do you see any bone fragments within?

I saw on stereoscope and I believe it has some fragments, but I'm not sure.

Thank you, Carl!

25 minutes ago, michele 1937 said:
It looks like a terrestrial reptile.
I have one of crocodile and looks like.
Sorry for my english.

I belive also that could be from a crocodile. It was collected in the same place and level of this discovery.

Thank you, Michele!

Feeling much more confident this is a coprolite! Very good, clear indicators! But I doubt it's a croc as their digestion is so thorough that inclusions are rare if not impossible.

• I found this Informative 5

Thank you all for your expert help. You were all very kind :dinothumb:

Any additional ideas about the original “owner” will be welcome :)

I will be out for a few days. Joyful holidays for all…

Ricardo

27 minutes ago, Carl said:

Feeling much more confident this is a coprolite! Very good, clear indicators! But I doubt it's a croc as their digestion is so thorough that inclusions are rare if not impossible.

7 minutes ago, GeschWhat said:

As usual, I agree with Carl (he knows his poop). The inclusion in the 1st and 3rd photo looks like it could be fish vertebra fragment. Again, very nice photos! :D

Thank you very much!