Birthday Fossil Hunt 12/21/18

FossilsAnonymous

So the 21'st was my birthday and we wanted to go out. It was supposed to be the lowest tide of the year due to the position of the moon, and that is what we prepared for. However, by the time we arrived Matoaka had been swollen by rain and was producing nothing, so we went to Brownies instead, expecting a high tide. It was really quite annoying because we had expected to be able to walk along the cliffs as we pleased. We were not able too, unfortunately. Brownies produced a few really nice smaller teeth but that was really it. Unfortunate.

• I found this Informative 1

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

IMG_3435.thumb.jpg.09f5904c8561dab97f5255065e6423a8.jpg

Was really quite beautiful, however

Bad luck. I'm sure you'll have many other opportunities.

And at least it was very beautiful and you found a few bits and pieces. :)

Oh, and Happy, Happy Birthday! :yay-smiley-1:

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Happy Belated Birthday! Atleast you were able to be out and enjoy a day in nature. 

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Happy birthday! I had that same issue when I went just a few days after a quite large patch of rain, during 'low' tide the water was above waist deep at its lowest. Maybe next time! Hopefully the water kicked out some of the debris.

The mist coming in/ or dissapating is gorgeous. I am fortunate, in that I am a watercolorist, so seeing scenery like this always gives me something to take home. If not fossils, or even, besides fossils, I end up with gorgeous images l to paint. Then there are the memories....the feel of the wind, the color of the water, the clouds and their movemement...the look of the dark barren trees....never, never do fossil hunters go home skunked... We always have something wonderful to carry away from our trips. Each of my fossil hunts has been memorable, sometimes admittedly for the fossils, but other times for the wonderful company of others, or the scenic location, or merely the "feel" of the day. These are some of the things I especially like about the forum's FOSSIL HUNTING TRIPS area. It is great, and managed by a great group of administrators....so a big thanks to all of you. 

On 12/26/2018 at 11:08 AM, dalmayshun said:

The mist coming in/ or dissapating is gorgeous. I am fortunate, in that I am a watercolorist, so seeing scenery like this always gives me something to take home. If not fossils, or even, besides fossils, I end up with gorgeous images l to paint. Then there are the memories....the feel of the wind, the color of the water, the clouds and their movemement...the look of the dark barren trees....never, never do fossil hunters go home skunked... We always have something wonderful to carry away from our trips. Each of my fossil hunts has been memorable, sometimes admittedly for the fossils, but other times for the wonderful company of others, or the scenic location, or merely the "feel" of the day. These are some of the things I especially like about the forum's FOSSIL HUNTING TRIPS area. It is great, and managed by a great group of administrators....so a big thanks to all of you. 

Dalmayshun, I am thinking of water coloring it myself. If I do, I will be sure to PM you