BobWill

Introducing a new species, genus... a new class of mollusc!

It's the illusive

Gastrammoniteopod confusis

gastrammoniteopod.jpg.3e296e20ef7b524290114aec0b320929.jpg

It comes from the Bull-feathers Fortmation in the Contentious Period.

We don't yet know how it reproduced, achieved locomotion, ate or made #2 but we think it grew from the inside out like a balloon.

Discovered by accident while entertaining my granddaughters with some modeling clay, the two halves were associated but not articulated, however they fit together perfectly! Proof positive we should spend more time with our families!

Here's wishing Yuletide Felicitations to everyone on the FossilForum!

• I found this Informative 5

Unicorns weren’t from the mammalian twig afterall. They were cephalopods all along!

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

Extraordinary! 

What an amazing find, a real missing link.

Merry Christmas to you and yours. :D

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Happiest of holidays to you, @BobWill.

Great discovery! I hope the Contentious Period continues to reward you and yours.

"Journey through a universe ablaze with changes" Phil Ochs

2 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

And a Merry Christmas to you as well. Are your grandchildren going to write a paper about it?

You can "read" their submission presented in colored chalk on the sidewalk until the next rain :)

• I found this Informative 2