DanKurek

Beaumaris closed?

DanKurek

G'day Everyone,

Today I was going down to Beaumaris to look for some fossils but the entrance to the Table Rock side from the Yacht Club was fenced off. The sign said 'Unstable Cliffs' so I brushed it off and was about to head over to the Mentone side instead but on the way I was told by a Yacht Club member that the site was fenced off by the local council as the site was in the bid to become a national heritage site. I am a bit confused because I believe the council applied for national heritage in February. If the site is national heritage listed, I believe collecting will be banned which is quite sad. Citizen scientists are important to contributing to science and many of Beaumaris' most important finds were made by members of the public. The fossils at the site will eventually be destroyed by the waves and erosion and would be a waste to see them be destroyed. But that is just my opinion. If any other Beaumaris hunters can shed some light on the issue it would be much appreciated.

Dan

Foozil

That would suck if the case. Was hoping to go there this holidays so would be curious to know what happened... 

@Connah

Tidgy's Dad

Awful news.:(

Really hope this doesn't happen.

Connah

@DanKurek @Foozil as far as I am aware the N East side of the squadron is closed due to a cliff fall. A council inspection was due to take place on the 20th Dec to determine the stability of the fall area, I've yet to hear anything further than this & as far as I know the N East side is still fenced off to the public. 

Hope everyone has had a great Christmas

Foozil
11 minutes ago, Connah said:

@DanKurek @Foozil as far as I am aware the N East side of the squadron is closed due to a cliff fall. A council inspection was due to take place on the 20th Dec to determine the stability of the fall area, I've yet to hear anything further than this & as far as I know the N East side is still fenced off to the public. 

Hope everyone has had a great Christmas

Ah cool, thanks for the info!

Merry Christmas :) 

DanKurek

@Connah 

Thanks for clearing everything up :)