Max-fossils

Here are a FEW items recieved for my Christmas enjoyment.

First off the package I have been holding onto the longest.

From our esteemed @Bobby Rico and Wife.

A lovely Lithograph print card, a really nice multi ammonite plate from the Jurassic beds of Somerset, UK., a ceramic Stegosaurus from Mrs. Rico ( thank you muchly Missy!), a very unique item for a lover of the unique. An ancient Roman gaming die from the 1-3rd century A.D. recovered from the Danube River Valley of Eastern Europe.

I had briefly mentioned some time ago that I enjoyed the bitterness of the English Marmalade. Bobby must have observant skills of a hawk and a memory of an elephant. 

Thank you to you Bobby and your wonderful wife for these lovely gifts!

20181225_144639.jpg

20181225_143852.jpg

• I found this Informative 4

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Next up is a package from a friend  @KimTexan.    I got a box filled with bits of Texas's fossil past.

A huge sparkling chunk of a Septerian nodule she excavated recently. Two large oyster shells, a myriad of various petrified wood pieces, a big 'ol echinoid and it's little cousins. Some nice plant fossil plates and a loaf of her family recipe pound cake ( which I will indulge in after dinner tonight).

Thank you Kim!!!

20181225_143826.jpg

20181225_143802.jpg

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Here is a box of goodies shipped  from a land that is just OK...Oklahoma that is!!!

This was sent by my buddy. @MSirmon.

A block filled with Fox Hills ammonites, several "Chunkasaurus" bones from the Lance Formation ( one of which may be a Ceratops frill piece) and a big bivalve shell from Lake Texoma, Oklahoma.

Thank you so much Mikey!

20181225_143710.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Lastly is a group of Texas ammonites from a member that asked to remain anonymous.

Thank you!!!!

20181225_143738.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

11 hours ago, paulyb135 said:

Not a fossil but thought I’d share this anyway. Hopefully it’s allowed as a one off!

Some nice comfy Dino socks 

BA586B9E-A5D8-4DD7-B663-5D06DDF8AA34.jpeg

Where on earth did you get those? Can I have the information if possible?

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

23 hours ago, caldigger said:

Lastly is a group of Texas ammonites from a member that asked to remain anonymous.

Thank you!!!!

20181225_143738.jpg

I found some of these in my stocking from a Texas buddy too.  I think they are actually Jurassic from Somerset, UK.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

36 minutes ago, Uncle Siphuncle said:

I found some of these in my stocking from a Texas buddy too.  I think they are actually Jurassic from Somerset, UK.

Front left and right look like Hildoceras.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

9 hours ago, FossilsAnonymous said:

Where on earth did you get those? Can I have the information if possible?

Sure! I think they’re now sold out as I know these were bought a while ago but they’re from a shop in the UK called Next. Website next.co.uk 

Ok better late then never. Mrs R very kindly purchase these insects off Ron @RJB . A cockroach from Brazil and a bug from China . I am very pleased with them. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, caldigger said:

Wow, that one is awesome. So detailed!

Thanks Doren, I did pretty well this year. It is about 100 million years old I think. :dinothumb:

6 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

Ok better late then never. Mrs R very kindly purchase these insects off Ron @RJB . A cockroach from Brazil and a bug from China . I am very pleased with them. 

image.jpeg

This is super cool!! Thanks for sharing!

5d738606eab6e_2018-11-1322_54_57-Greenshot-newlogo.png

8 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

image.jpeg

At first I thought this one looked like a big flea!

It's surprisingly 3D for an insect fossils. Nice score.

I have two examples of that 2nd item, but the name 'Heptagensia' is new to me. If it's the same critter it should have 3 tail 'spines' (setae?) but yours might be missing them.

• I found this Informative 2

9 minutes ago, Pixpaleosky said:

For me it would be Ephemeropsis trisitalis

You could be right they been in Ron’s shed for 20 years so could be old name. :dinothumb:

1 hour ago, Pixpaleosky said:

For me it would be Ephemeropsis trisitalis

I think trisetalis (I say, without checking)

• I found this Informative 1

I am fortunate to have many good fossil friends.  One invited me and another hunter, who often scuba dives in the Gulf of Mexico for fossils, to dinner 10 days back. We exchanged some presents where all happened to be fossils.  He gave me this 3 inch tooth he had found in 2018. NICE present. It will fit well in my Florida fossil collection.

My Christmas presents have coalesced into fossils, books about fossils, and high priced liquor.  CHEERS !!!!

IMG_4318.jpg.f47ef722420cecfee3491647e9576251.jpg

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

On 12/27/2018 at 8:41 PM, Shellseeker said:

I am fortunate to have many good fossil friends.  One invited me and another hunter, who often scuba dives in the Gulf of Mexico for fossils, to dinner 10 days back. We exchanged some presents where all happened to be fossils.  He gave me this 3 inch tooth he had found in 2018. NICE present. It will fit well in my Florida fossil collection.

My Christmas presents have coalesced into fossils, books about fossils, and high priced liquor.  CHEERS !!!!

That sure is a purdy tooth. You guys get good hunting down there!

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

I am hard to shop for cause I really dont need anything.  Well to my surprize I found these under the tree on christmas morning.   Many hours of fun for these, plus, when im done they will be worth a fortune!   Wooooop!  Wooooop!

RB

DSCN2013.JPG