Sarasota/Venice/Tampa area fossil hunting locations

SharkWhisperer

Hello fellow fossil hunters and merry Xmas! I am a fossil hunter in northeast Florida and here am town until Thursday this week and would love to do some hunting and meet some hunters in the area. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. I have heard that the construction sites in the Venice and Parrish area have been quite rewarding. And any time you all are in the jacksonville area please feel free to hit me up for some hunting on my turf! I found this meg 2 weeks ago (my first meg!!!) 

8AC666C2-99E8-413D-AFDA-85F347D28BA0.jpeg

• I found this Informative 2

A first Meg..  :1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

If you have the addiction, there will be more,  lots more.

When I began looking, I tell  the story of searching the river that contained thousands and thousands of Megs for almost one year, before finding a mostly broken one...

A first Meg is a milestone...

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Nice meg! It’s crazy to think sharks got as big as Megalodon did.

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?