Albian gastropods ID Help

KatzFeldkurat

Hello!

I hope to get help from experts to ID some Albian gastropods. 

All are from the Zirc Limestone formation, Hungary, Bakony Mts. All are stone moulds, with some shell fragments. I know, there is little hope to ID the species, but I love to know the genuses at least!

The bigger boxes are 6x6cm, the smaller boxes 4x4cm.

I can upload separate photos if needed. Please do not mind the last 2 boxes! (Not gastropods)

20181225_150721.thumb.jpg.5706f0fbd05b9d50d6b63f0c4ca96b19.jpg

With Kind Regards.

I'm no expert on Albian gastropods, but it may be difficult to identify them even down to genus, since they are all steinkerns and have no shell which would show diagnostic structures. But we'll wait and see if someone knows better.

• I found this Informative 1

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Merry Christmas! :)

As Roger said, it will be hard to recognize fossil gastropods from their steinkerns, even if the specific formation (Zirc-Kalk Formation) is known. L. Czabalay recognized seven Nerinea species and four Nerinella species there, among twenty other rarer taxa. Unfortunately, I don't have Czabalay, 1985 document, so I just could guess what you have in question.

The larger ones from upper-left may look like Globularia cf. hugardiana; the next larger one at right might be close to pleurotomariids. Also, there might be Ampullina or Pictavia cf. laevigata or similar in the second line.

• I found this Informative 2

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Excellent! Thank you very much!

I looked up the author you mentioned, and I found the 1985 paper about albian-cenomanian biostratigraphy that includes some gastropod genus names! :)  (sadly no pictures, but I will manage now, trough google)

You helped me great time!

Thanks both of you! Merry Christmas! :)