Is this a real or a fake Ammonite

Hello all, I just started collecting and would like some help. I bought this at a local store here in town and after doing some research I am now worried if this is the real deal. I have tried to find information to see if I can figure it out myself but after hours of looking I can not come to a clear determination.I would like your guidance on my new found journey into fossils. Thank you.

2018-12-26_21-59-51.jpg

2018-12-26_22-01-18.jpg

2018-12-26_22-01-46.jpg

2018-12-26_22-02-08.jpg

2018-12-26_22-02-39.jpg

To my eyes, it looks real. Maybe some restoration in some areas but I’m pretty sure it is genuine.

• I found this Informative 2

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

Looks like quite a nice size Madagascar  ammonite of Perisphinctes. They lived during the Middle-Late Jurassic

• I found this Informative 1

2 hours ago, Arkra said:

Thank you everyone I greatly appreciate your feedback. Here is a picture of its measurement just for reference purposes. 

20181227_153016.jpg

No objections! Wonderful specimen my friend! :wub:

• I found this Informative 1

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG