Any Va-Md collectors braving the rain today?

FossilsAnonymous

Hey all, it looks like even with the heavy rain I will still be able to make a break out at low tide, I figure it should be safe enough if it’s low tide because I can stay closer to the waves and away from the cliff. Just wanted to have an epic hunt at the end of 2018. I will probably do a Matoaka-Brownies combo hunt and try to get out there by 11 when the rain has died down a bit. not really expecting to find anything big. Still, it never hurts!

Any of you heading out?

Cheers, FA

• I found this Informative 1

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

Good luck.  I'd just do one or the other though.  With the tide cycle it is pretty much impossible to hunt both and hit them at optimum times.  I tried it a few times but you end up wasting an hour in the car getting there and you end up not searching either spot as well as you could have if you just stayed and focused.  Two cents from the peanut gallery...

btw... if you do want to do a double up the better way I found to do it is usually a Brownies/Purse trip because you can sometimes get the tides to match up better and catch low/outgoing at both sites.

• I found this Informative 2

7 minutes ago, hokiehunter said:

Good luck.  I'd just do one or the other though.  With the tide cycle it is pretty much impossible to hunt both and hit them at optimum times.  I tried it a few times but you end up wasting an hour in the car getting there and you end up not searching either spot as well as you could have if you just stayed and focused.  Two cents from the peanut gallery...

btw... if you do want to do a double up the better way I found to do it is usually a Brownies/Purse trip because you can sometimes get the tides to match up better and catch low/outgoing at both sites.

Thanks. Probably brownies because I can at least find some small ones if the cliffs are cut off. That is very helpful advice.

Don’t get yourself hurt! But if you do get some finds, I’d like to see them.

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

5 hours ago, UtahFossilHunter said:

Don’t get yourself hurt! But if you do get some finds, I’d like to see them.

@UtahFossilHunter I posted a full trip report called “One last Hurrah for 2018, one last hurrah for Cow Shark Teeth” showing off my finds. It got kind of cut off last night by others posts. I also made a post called “2018 recap”