The Amateur Paleontologist

Hey all :) 

Next year I'll be beginning university, and I'll probably be in London, UK. Would some of you know of any fossil sites in the area around London? I'd be fine with anywhere less than an hour and a half by bus or train...

Thanks for the help!

-Christian

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

I’m probably not much help but I know 2.5 hours will get you to Lyme Regis which is an extra hour of commute time though. 

Maybe this will help get you started?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geology_of_Great_Britain

• I found this Informative 1

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

The Thames?

It's full of recent, to medieval times, to all the way back to Pleistocene stuff.

I found a rib there once that I'm pretty sure is from a crocodile that was likely housed in the zoo at the Tower of London back in medieval times.

• I found this Informative 2

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite