playing with amscope camera

Fossil Claw

Fun playing with the microscope camera, yet disappointing.  After putting it under the microscope, I am pretty sure this Meadowtownella crosotus I found this summer is only a partial.

meadow.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

34 minutes ago, Fossil Claw said:

Fun playing with the microscope camera, yet disappointing.  After putting it under the microscope, I am pretty sure this Meadowtownella crosotus I found this summer is only a partial.

Ignorance is bliss--but knowledge is power. :)

What model AmScope microscope did you purchase? And, are you happy with it? (Aside from it revealing the truth about partial bugs.)

Cheers.

-Ken

Moults can be the bane of the trilobite hunter in search of full, pristine specimens.

But don't rule this one out just yet. While under the scope, perhaps poke around a bit with a pin to see if there are traces that it may continue. 

• I found this Informative 2

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Moults are good in that you now know the rocks you are digging in may have some nice full trilobites.:ighappy:

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

4 hours ago, Kane said:

Moults can be the bane of the trilobite hunter in search of full, pristine specimens.

But don't rule this one out just yet. While under the scope, perhaps poke around a bit with a pin to see if there are traces that it may continue. 

I agree with @Kane.  Looks to me like there is more to be exposed.  It may still be a partial but I have uncovered full trilobites from the Wheeler shale that didn’t look like much when first found.  The microscope will be a great help here.  And let us know how you like the Amscope.  Looks like it has a nice camera.