Still on the hunt for some teeth and bones

Douglas B Hill

Still on the hunt before classes begin again next week.  This weekend the boys and I ventured 5 1/2 hours north to the head of the Chesapeake Bay.  So far... I should have gone back to Folly Beach!  Lol.  Some shells, neat iron formations, but no teeth yet.  Brought the sifter this time but Calvert Cliffs isn’t the place for my old knees to carry much on a hike.  

Many people in competetion for fossil teeth.  There were more people hunting on 180’ of beach 30’ wide than all of Folly Beach last weekend. Water is very cold and it is a tidal influenced area.  

30E4A6FE-96DB-44D3-B75C-66D80CCB0344.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

I hope it was still a good time! I can hopefully make a trip down this week before classes start back up for me as well. 

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.

@Douglas B Hill I hope you made it out today and had better luck than yesterday. I hope to get there on Wed or Thurs, but I need to finish my course prep first. I think of it as a good motivation tool!

Made it out to Matoak Beach Cabins.  Great place. Wonderful people.   TONS OF FOSSIL SHELLS!  Found several broken almost complete echphora quadrstata.  No teeth though. 5.00 per person was well worth what we can back with.  When the water warms up, I will be back for a little more hunting. 

Fantastic! It's great to hear you had a better experience at the cabins! I hope this semester goes well!

Thanks for sharing. That’s a neat little place.:) Let’s see some of your finds!

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?