Very Small Jawbones w/ Teeth(?)

UncoilingGLaDOS

I found these mystery jawbone fragments in Post Oak Creek near Sherman, Texas. I was wondering if I anyone could help me identify them. If closer shots of the teeth would help, or you need another angle don't hesitate to ask!
edit: longer fragment is about 8mm long

I'm used to only finding unidentifiable bone fragments out there so these were a neat little surprise! (in fact i only picked up one knowingly, the other I must have thought was a tooth when I picked it up. I only noticed it after coming home to rinse stuff off haha)

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Edited by UncoilingGLaDOS

1 minute ago, Ramo said:

Possibly crab claws

That was actually what my sister was guessing, that would be pretty interesting. If that's what they turn out to be I'd love to know what kind of crab they might have come from

I believe there are several genus/species of crab fossils found in Eagle Ford, but I'm not sure they can be identified accurately by claws alone.  :unsure: 

Maybe @Uncle Siphuncle or @DPS Ammonite can weigh in here.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Thanks for the information! I was actually not getting claw out of this at all in the field but i can definitely see it now. I'm very curious what a full crustacean claw or crab fossil would look like from this period now tbh.

I will marked this one as solved! (edit: or at least, I will if i can figure out how haha)

Edited by UncoilingGLaDOS

+1 for crab claw!! ;)

"Without fossils, no one would have ever dreamed that there were successive epochs in the formation of the earth" - Georges Cuvier