Is This A Graptolite?

Steve

Hi,just found this site it's great.I need help with this unusual rock recently found.It's from an old quarry in Gibsonburg,Ohio.The site is strange itself,limestone quarry filled with water most of the rock around it must be glacial till if I got it right.Tons of granite,gneiss,Quartz,even some jasper,flint etc.I think this rock is from this non native stuff.I'm new to this & Graptolites are the only thing close to this I could find online.The image is 1.5 inches long.Contains a few small clam like shell fragments & lots of other odd tiny things that look like they where drawn on the rock.Was cleaned good and nothing disappeared.Sorry not much to go on.Thank You for any help you can give me....Steve

post-2267-12534037028266_thumb.jpg

post-2267-12534038243307_thumb.jpg

to me, it looks almost like a broken cross-section through a brachiopod or something. but i'm sure you'll get more educated opinions after a while...

Almost 100% sure it's not a graptolite. The saw tooth edge IS like a graptolite but the fact that it's showing on a broken edge looks much more like a section thru a clam or brachiopod. Based on your location it certainly could be glacial drift from Mich or Canada. If local there are plenty of Silurian or Devonian candidates that could give the cross section. Graptolites I've seen from Ohio and NY more often occured on flat bedding planes in shales or mudstones, not limestones.