Red Flags with United States Pterosaur!

Seguidora-de-Isis

Cracked Pterodactyl Egg With Embryos Complete And Visible?

At our favorite auction site, a seller is offering in several ads, these beautiful boulders that are no more than mere geological occurrences, which anyone can find on the edge of any river, as if they were genuine Pterosaur eggs ...

But the Freak Circus does not end here, there's more! He announces as if these "eggs" had visible Pterosaur embryos. Can anyone see?

image.png.f4b43b556432ca111beb3685ef8e1b9d.png

image.png.9e52073abf6a55575fde2ed1ba65797f.png

But if you're a picky fossil collector who does not like rickety and scrawny creatures like the Pterosaurs ... His problems are over, because now he also sells boulders as if they were dinosaur eggs:

image.png.2e1a387a7c13097afd888d8105e1af77.png

:blink: How does he know what a Pterosaur egg is and what is a Dinosaur egg? Anyone have any explanation?   :headscratch:

A genuine egg of the Pterosaur is very, very rare, and is extremely different from these boulders that are widely being offered! That is, genuine Pterosaur eggs have shells, consisting essentially of an outer layer of thin and hard limestone, while under the shell was a softer membrane:

image.png.5561c6ecba2d382beba28d396e679505.png

image.png.a3c4ab79c79ce08f09cef87bcfaff1f3.png

image.png.bbead2afb0c494710f34e780eb00bfca.png

And thanks to these meager but true discoveries is that we now know that pterosaur eggs were malleable, similar to the snake eggs of today:

image.png.38190d975a951100ae4bc77610f88dee.png

Unfortunately I can not reveal prices here, but believe me, these fake eggs do not cost anything cheap! So the high price is a great seducer, a real temptation for a novice and inexperienced collector, to think that high price means rarity, therefore, authenticity! The advice is the same as always, study on the subject so that the light of knowledge can dispel the darkness of ignorance.

image.png.fbb5c3ce5c2fd835fa1e8acfef420cf0.png

• I found this Informative 11

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

If someone does buy one, get their name please... I have some prime Nebraska sea front property I can sell them. I'll even throw in a certain land mark bridge at a discount! :hearty-laugh:

• I found this Informative 2

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

This one is quite obvious to most collectors but its good to show it, thanks.  The red flags that collectors need to be concerned about are those from trusted sellers who sell dinosaur fossils but cannot really support or know much about what they are identifying.

• I found this Informative 1

Now wait a minute, in that first pic I can clearly see the beak. And below I can see the wings folded over.............:P

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

7 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

I know it probably wouldn't help much, but why don't you report this seller to the website? This is an obvious fraud.

I report these all the time, but if only one person reports them they tend to not do anything about it. That site used to have people checking listings for authenticity, but not so much anymore. I did log on and report them and the other obvious fakes they're selling as well. 

• I found this Informative 5

...I'm back.

2 hours ago, Raggedy Man said:

I report these all the time, but if only one person reports them they tend to not do anything about it. That site used to have people checking listings for authenticity, but not so much anymore. I did log on and report them and the other obvious fakes they're selling as well. 

Some poor people are unfortunately so gullible.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

On ‎02‎.‎01‎.‎2019 at 12:34 PM, daves64 said:

If someone does buy one, get their name please... I have some prime Nebraska sea front property I can sell them. I'll even throw in a certain land mark bridge at a discount! :hearty-laugh:

Yuup, i can offer more to get from the river nearby....:hearty-laugh: