Cambropallas Trilobite

FossilFrenzy

Hello fossil friends!

While looking for some unique species to add to my collection, I came across this Cambropallas and was wondering if it looked mostly genuine or heavily restored? 

I know near complete specimens are hard to come by, but this seller says the trilobite was a part of their personal collection at one point and they took pride in it.

Thank you

s396241073584553_p2396_i1_w160.jpeg

s396241073584553_p2396_i5_w160.jpeg

Edited by FossilFrenzy
Image problem attaching

Hello,

Unfortunately, these pictures are much too small to make any decent determination. 

Enlarged, they are too fuzzy to make out any detail. 

s396241073584553_p2396_i1_w160.jpeg   s396241073584553_p2396_i5_w160.jpeg.b5f44ee0fd2807ef2478d5ffcecd4926.jpeg

• I found this Informative 2

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

4 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

Hello,

Unfortunately, these pictures are much too small to make any decent determination. 

Enlarged, they are too fuzzy to make out any detail. 

I cannot find any way to upload them larger without discerning who the seller is, should I PM you?

Nice job @JohnBrewer!

The trilobite looks fairly real to me but I don’t have much experience with these trilobites. Maybe @Kane has more experience than I do.

• I found this Informative 1

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

Something not quite right about this area Ive encircled here in terms of the axial ring to pleurae size ratio: 

Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 12.51.12 PM.png

• I found this Informative 2

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

2 hours ago, Kane said:

Something not quite right about this area Ive encircled here in terms of the axial ring to pleurae size ratio: 

Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 12.51.12 PM.png

I hope that wasn’t my stitching together @Kane. I’ll pm you the link to seller. 

I think that latest photo is still much too small to make a proper judgement on how much is real.

Though at a glance there don't seem to be any immediate red flags.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

1 hour ago, JohnBrewer said:

I hope that wasn’t my stitching together @Kane. I’ll pm you the link to seller. 

Thanks, John. :) I had a look-see, and that feature is on the bug and not an artifact of your stitching. It does look like the pleura is sharing 1 and an additional 0.25 of an axial ring. Also seeing an anomaly between the first (top) axial ring's left angle and the right side impression thereof. All of this could be preservation distortion, a pathology, or likely some restoration/recomposition. 

• I found this Informative 3

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

On 1/6/2019 at 5:09 PM, Kane said:

Thanks, John. :) I had a look-see, and that feature is on the bug and not an artifact of your stitching. It does look like the pleura is sharing 1 and an additional 0.25 of an axial ring. Also seeing an anomaly between the first (top) axial ring's left angle and the right side impression thereof. All of this could be preservation distortion, a pathology, or likely some restoration/recomposition. 

It sounds uncertain on the amount of restoration, then?

I may wait on this one and just get the russian trilobite first.

Thank you all.