Park by my house had a little rock fall

Slaugbr1

Park by my house in NE Ohio had a little rock fall and i had looked through what came down. Also i posted awhile back in fossil ID was told they were conulariid anyways I found another with these shell clusters

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/79582-i-dont-want-to-get-my-hopes-up-trilobite/&

115E4A91-95A7-4D0A-B9C8-DD5CD980CA08.jpeg

Edited by Slaugbr1
Posted link
  • I found this Informative 4

Great finds! 

Lots of really nice brachiopods as well as the wonderful conulariid.  :)

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

57 minutes ago, Slaugbr1 said:

Park by my house in NE Ohio had a little rock fall and i had looked through what came down.

Gravity makes a wonderful fossil hunting partner--as long as it's not raining rocks while you are out hunting. ;)

Spectacular conulariid.

Cheers.

-Ken

Are you going to prep these for this thread. I hope so because great looking material and mighty fine conularid!

"Journey through a universe ablaze with changes" Phil Ochs

38 minutes ago, Innocentx said:

Are you going to prep these for this thread. I hope so because great looking material and mighty fine conularid!

Not sure never really done it and afraid i might do something wrong

Nice finds! Sometimes mass wasting can be useful.:ighappy:

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

23 minutes ago, UtahFossilHunter said:

Nice finds! Sometimes mass wasting can be useful.:ighappy:

I have found everything near that spot but i dont ever get close because the top is quite a bit farther out then the bottom and leaning.  I wont go near it but i could tell a big chunk had came down 

Stellar rock to tumble from the park! Jealous here by the way. Only lil' dudes to fall out of the parks in my area are pinecones, bird poop, occasional squirrel and pinestraw. Enjoyed your finds and the specimens in it! Thanks for sharing. 

Libby

• I found this Informative 2

Process of identification "mistakes create wisdom".

35 minutes ago, Paul1719 said:

Beautiful Conulariid! Do you ever find fish material in there? Is it Devonian?

mississippian , pennsylvanian are in my area mixed. I havent found any signs of fish yet have been hopefull.