Cusped benedini?

Wolf89

Are these cusped benedinis? My first thought was otodus obliquus. From GMR, greeneville NC. Was found in a mix of cretaceous, miocene and pliocene teeth. 

20190102_155930.jpg

I’ve seen serrated cusped teeth that are extremely worn come out of the creek. Probably auriculatus. There have been other Eocene teeth found in Greenville.

• I found this Informative 2

29 minutes ago, Al Dente said:

I’ve seen serrated cusped teeth that are extremely worn come out of the creek. Probably auriculatus. There have been other Eocene teeth found in Greenville.

They are too thick to be auriculatus imo. Also the orange is good enough condition to where I am 99% sure there are no serrations

I'm not entirely convinced that these are P. benedeni either, a picture of the other side of the teeth might help! :) 

So it's no Otodus for sure, right?

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

My opinion would be Otodus auriculatus. However it is pretty worn so hard to say for sure.

• I found this Informative 1

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

2 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

My opinion would be Otodus auriculatus. However it is pretty worn so hard to say for sure.

I agree after looking hard. Always hard to tell on worn teeth though

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!