More keichousaurus

kirkjeremiah23

Here are another couple of keichousaurus that I'm thinking of getting. Just wanted to know your opinions. Are they Authentic, enhanced in any way, or reconstructed. I apologize in advance for the pictures, it is all the seller sent me. Thanks in advance, you guys are awesome 

Screenshot_20190102-115425_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190102-115436_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190102-115512_Chrome.jpg

20190102_120321.jpg

20190102_120340.jpg

Genuine but quite badly acid prepped specimens of juvenile Keichousaurus in my view, most of the bones are eroded.  The resolution of the photos is too low to check if there are any painted parts.

• I found this Informative 2

I agree with our friend Crazyhen. With low resolution photos it is impossible to formulate a good opinion. But apart from a poor preparation, there seems to be some areas with paint yes.

image.png.104f3979b075cc2260b378357e461a58.png

And as for this one here ...

image.png.2ab41ad17a19b4ab8b4be5fa859cd63b.png

Quite strange, because it's completely contoured ... I've never seen a keichousaurus like this before ... Besides, this skull is not very convincing ... Until I get better photos, unfortunately I do not dare to opine beyond this... :(

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

The "contour" seems to be the margin of the upper layer of black slab.  The black slab will turn white upon reaction with acid, and when the fossil is mechanically prepped afterwards, black contour may appear from the polished surface of the black slab.  Of course, as you have pointed out, there might be painting as well.

9 hours ago, Crazyhen said:

The "contour" seems to be the margin of the upper layer of black slab.  The black slab will turn white upon reaction with acid, and when the fossil is mechanically prepped afterwards, black contour may appear from the polished surface of the black slab.  Of course, as you have pointed out, there might be painting as well.

Very informative my dear friend Crazyhen! And I certainly agree with you, but my concern is that the contour surrounds the entire body and ends up being the skull itself:

image.png.f669b988d40372303919659d9d1bad9d.png

And in the case of a preparation with acid, this contour should encircle the skull and not be the skull itself, you understand?

But I admit that many factors may contribute to a final result in the preparation with acid, for example, the state of conservation of the fossil, so I certainly do not exclude that it may be my paranoia. ^_^

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

Real, and as stated above, poor quality, over burned with acid. No idea what you would be charged for these, but I have just finished prepping a group of really nice keichousaurus without the use of acid. PM me if you have interest in seeing photos of properly prepped keichousaurus. Apologies in advance if anything I have said here violates forum policy.

• I found this Informative 3

18 hours ago, steelhead9 said:

Real, and as stated above, poor quality, over burned with acid. No idea what you would be charged for these, but I have just finished prepping a group of really nice keichousaurus without the use of acid. PM me if you have interest in seeing photos of properly prepped keichousaurus. Apologies in advance if anything I have said here violates forum policy.

Well, why don't you post some of your prepped Keichousaruses for us all to enjoy?!?!?

• I found this Informative 1