Which field?

MrBones

I just wanted to know what feilds I can work in in the future. I love picking up rocks and fossils, Is there some kind of mix between paleontology and geology? Could I make a living on this kind of job? I am hoping to study in austrailia some day.

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Which field?

The two fields kind of co-mingle together. You will study a bit of both no matter which field you go into.

Geology will likely be more lucrative, but will almost certainly lead you towards oil & gas industry. Unless you are extremely specialized and study something like planetary geology or volcanism, for example. 

Not sure your age, but most major universities will have a section on their website called General Announcements. This is usually where you can find the academic programs they offer. If you are really serious, I would starting looking into that soon, even the graduate level programs. Many that go into these fields hold a master's or doctorate, and you may have to as well to be competitive. And you also usually don't acquire a true specialization until you reach the graduate level. 

To give little context, I work in higher education. 

Good luck!

I am 13, just wondering what feild to study towards. I know I have a lot of time to think about it. Thanks for the suggestions.

Never too early to start on some of those higher classes. I was going to a community college taking courses while still in high school.