Need Help With Coral Id

jkfoam

Some years ago I collected these three Tabulate corals from Jack County, Texas. They are Pennsylvanian age. I had tentatively identified them as Pleurodictum sp. but I am not at all sure of that ID. Need help on a better identification.

post-8-12534631231743_thumb.jpg

post-8-12534631505534_thumb.jpg

post-8-12534631735149_thumb.jpg

post-8-12534631933384_thumb.jpg

Thanks for any help.

JKFoam

The Eocene is my favorite

• 2 weeks later...

All,

Good news, I have found the identity of my mystery coarl. It is NOT Pleurodictum sp. as I had origionally thought but Michelinia scopulosa Moore and Jeffords 1945. Using Google Search I was able to come up with a list of paleontology journal articles pertinent to my fossil. Today I has occasion to make a trip to Austin, Texas and I was able to spend some time at the U. of Texas Geology Library. One particular article, "Studies of Pennsylvanian Corals in Oklahoma" by Charles Rowlett and published by the Oklahoma Geological Survey as Circular 72, contained the identification I needed.

Now only 9999 more identifications to go.

JKFoam

The Eocene is my favorite

Way to go!

I love it when the research pays off...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!