Not much to spare

caldigger

I finally picked up the display cabinets from my sister's place. The last of my parents legacy for me.

I barely had enough room to pack these into my tiny place. My bedroom is piled high so as to make my living room more displayable. :D

Now I have the tedious job of filling them.

The larger will be strictly for the ammos.

Corner one is for other niceties.

20190101_055611.jpg

My ammo cabinet, waiting on my having some time to fill.

20190101_055647.jpg

Corner unit...a work in progress.

I will repost when cabinets are filled.

• I found this Informative 13

I think I have room for one of them if you don't. :D

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

Looks nice, Doren! :) 

:popcorn:

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Those are beautiful cabinets. 

And I look forward to seeing photos of the beautiful fossils stored within them. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Those are very nice, I know you will put them to good use!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

Nice looking cabinet , going by the albino stegosaurus the cabinet is bigger than it looks in your photos. 

:popcorn:

There are a lot of pieces I want to protect from the horid dust monsters that open shelves provide. My other two cabinets are accessed through the back which makes it a rather tedious task to get to.

Both of the new ones are front opening and thus will make adding and switching out items so much easier. :) 

• I found this Informative 1

Out in California, have you had much problem with earthquakes messing up your display cabinets?

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

2 hours ago, UtahFossilHunter said:

Out in California, have you had much problem with earthquakes messing up your display cabinets?

It's not like we have serious earthquakes all the time. The last one here that did any actual shaking up was in 2003 and that was a fluke/ rare quake.

Most quakes that happen are so mild they aren't even felt.

• I found this Informative 1

4 hours ago, caldigger said:

It's not like we have serious earthquakes all the time. The last one here that did any actual shaking up was in 2003 and that was a fluke/ rare quake.

Most quakes that happen are so mild they aren't even felt.

Certainly moreso than the majority of the U.S., though, being part of a tectonic plate boundary. We have them from time to time and have had stuff fall off shelves here. I was just curious if you had a bracing system that I might like to implement in my own shelves because I keep bumping into them and creating little simulated quakes with my fossils.:hearty-laugh:

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have guns, but I have a cabinet for my ammo!

From top to bottom of the unit.

20190112_195728.jpg

20190112_195907.jpg

20190112_195844.jpg

20190112_195823.jpg

20190112_195802.jpg

• I found this Informative 6