*Mucrospirifer sp.

*Limoptera macroptera

*Eldredgeops rana

Resized_20190105_133711_5448.thumb.jpeg.f2ec31f47c50f6229347f7bc642064be.jpeg

Resized_20190105_165523_114.thumb.jpeg.4c44751b26ba806c050aa46bc60612d0.jpeg

Resized_20190105_165607_1671.thumb.jpeg.84fa113d1002d8a421e77bded68134f2.jpeg

@Nimravis

• I found this Informative 8

Nice finds!! On Dec 28th, I was on my way to visit my sister in Lima, Oh and had an hour to hunt at the Paulding site. As always, had fun and found much. Still haven't gone through it to see if something special pops out. Looks like I could have left that bryozoan for you seeing it was only a few days later that you visited. 

My sympathies do however go out to you regarding our non fossil talk. 

Mike

1 minute ago, minnbuckeye said:

Nice finds!! On Dec 28th, I was on my way to visit my sister in Lima, Oh and had an hour to hunt at the Paulding site. As always, had fun and found much. Still haven't gone through it to see if something special pops out. Looks like I could have left that bryozoan for you seeing it was only a few days later that you visited. 

My sympathies do however go out to you regarding our non fossil talk. 

Mike

Maybe I deliberately avoided that option in favor of waiting to pick it up in person this summer as an excuse to go fossil hunting with you :)

And yes, thanks.  But at least we can hang our hats on that "1" ;)

Very nice! :wub:

Isn't it Strophodonta (Strophodonta) demissa now? 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

16 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Nice finds. First photo - Rock Hound ?

Lol. Good one!  He helps point out the fossils :)

Resized_20190105_125431_9674.thumb.jpeg.4b591b88ce66f6c84d4c8b2d27595db8.jpeg

• I found this Informative 2

4 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

Nice haul! Were they digging ditches there?

Thanks.  It's spoil placed there from the nearby quarry exclusively for fossil hunters.  Pretty nice of the quarry!

• I found this Informative 3

1 minute ago, Peat Burns said:

Thanks.  It's spoil placed there from the nearby quarry exclusively for fossil hunters.  Pretty nice of the quarry!

Very considerate of the owners. Do you pay a fee to get at it?

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

7 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Very nice! :wub:

Isn't it Strophodonta (Strophodonta) demissa now? 

It's spelled both ways in multiple sources.  The older publications and the major museum records use Stropheodonta. Fossilworks uses Strophodonta.  I learned it as Stropheodonta, and don't really know which one takes precedence. 

• I found this Informative 3

3 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

Very considerate of the owners. Do you pay a fee to get at it?

No. It's free! And they even supply an "out house".  It's really nice and only 45 miles (~60 km from me)

1 minute ago, Peat Burns said:

It's spelled both ways in multiple sources.  The older publications and the major museum records use Stropheodonta. Fossilworks uses Strophodonta.  I learned it as Stropheodonta, and don't really know which one takes precedence. 

Thanks, I've got a couple, so will have to investigate. :) 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Just now, Peat Burns said:

No. It's free! And they even supply an "out house".  It's really nice and only 45 miles (~60 km from me)

Now that's a pretty rare occurrence that quarry owners have such a soft spot for collectors.

• I found this Informative 1

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Just now, Ludwigia said:

Now that's a pretty rare occurrence that quarry owners have such a soft spot for collectors.

It's great no matter what, but it may also eliminate the pressure to accommodate clubs and other people asking permission to access the quarry :).  It's fine with me.  I prefer weathered and eroded spoil to hard quarry walls, anyway!

• I found this Informative 2

Yeah, more Paulding material!  So nice that the weather cooperated for you this time of year. I look forward to being able to visit again in the summer when I’m back up that way, so maybe they will refresh the piles again. 

Great finds! It’s awesome when quarry owners care about local fossil hunters.:)

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

45 minutes ago, ClearLake said:

Yeah, more Paulding material!  So nice that the weather cooperated for you this time of year. I look forward to being able to visit again in the summer when I’m back up that way, so maybe they will refresh the piles again. 

Hard to believe I hunted in January, and I'm not in Florida.  But it was sunny and 50F, and it just seemed like such a great (and probably last) opportunity before spring  to lose myself in the Devonian for a day. 

Nice finds Tony- I am going to try and get out there sometime this year, I would love to collect with you.

Nice finds - I love inverts!!!  And I just discovered that Paulding, Ohio is about a 5.5 hour drive away from me - perhaps I'll try to make it out there sometime in the future (if my family would be up for a road trip!)  Thanks for sharing your little hunt with us :)

Cool finds! Looks like a fun place to hunt. 

That cute pupper looks like the best fossil hunting partner anyone could ever have :wub: 

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils