First Fish on The Wall

RJB

Took awhile but finally got the first big fish up on the wall.  Gots a lot more to hang but most have to be framed in one way or another, plus lots and lots of little ones that will hang all over the place here in my office.  Oh, this fish and frame wieghs n at about 150 lbs!!!

RB

DSCN2021.JPG

• I found this Informative 6

That's a beauty! 

It looks great! :)

Can't wait to see the full gallery. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

A beautiful Phareodus, wonderfully displayed; what could be better?

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

1 hour ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

That's a beauty! 

It looks great! :)

Can't wait to see the full gallery. 

1 hour ago, Ludwigia said:

Looks great. I'm guessing you got sturdy walls

31 minutes ago, snolly50 said:

A beautiful Phareodus, wonderfully displayed; what could be better?

You guys are the greatest!  The bestest in the whole world!  Just lovely peeps!   Ive had a couple of drinks which is why I love you guys so much.  :)

R B

• I found this Informative 4

19 minutes ago, RJB said:

Ive had a couple of drinks which is why I love you guys so much. 

Have a couple more and you may be so filled with love and the wonderful spirit of this Forum that you'd ship me that heavy fish as a gift! Drink up! 

• I found this Informative 3

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

10 hours ago, snolly50 said:

Have a couple more and you may be so filled with love and the wonderful spirit of this Forum that you'd ship me that heavy fish as a gift! Drink up! 

Good try snolly but I was headed for dinner shortly after that last post. 

RB

3 hours ago, RJB said:

Good try snolly but I was headed for dinner shortly after that last post. 

Dadgumit, I had hoped you were settled in for the evening and feelin' all warm and giving! Oh well, I hope the dinner was great. Afterwards, I know relaxing in a home filled with things you find interesting and remind you of good times in the past is a wonderful way to live. I wish you much more of the same. 

On 1/5/2019 at 5:49 PM, RJB said:

Took awhile but finally got the first big fish up on the wall.  Gots a lot more to hang but most have to be framed in one way or another, plus lots and lots of little ones that will hang all over the place here in my office.  Oh, this fish and frame wieghs n at about 150 lbs!!!

RB

DSCN2021.JPG

Awesome piece! Love good fish fossils

• I found this Informative 1

"Life is too complex for me to wrap my mind around, that's why I have fossils and not pets!":tff:

That hanging fish of Ron's astounds!
It weighs a hundred fifty pounds!
Oh fishy, fishy on the wall,
How I hope that you don't fall.

:P

• I found this Informative 1

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

Hi, did you make those frames yourself? I miss having access to old barn wood to make frames like yours. 

I'm looking forward to seeing updates of other framed specimens as I've a few I'd like to do myself....how does one deal with the top surface not being flat, is there a glass distance from specimen and how much, how to keep specimen from moving in frame especially when as heavy as your is, etc.

28 minutes ago, Kato said:

I'm looking forward to seeing updates of other framed specimens as I've a few I'd like to do myself....how does one deal with the top surface not being flat, is there a glass distance from specimen and how much, how to keep specimen from moving in frame especially when as heavy as your is, etc.

RJB's wooden frame looks lovely.

If you want to do a metal frame instead, it is not difficult; I have a post on how to do it here: