East Texas fossil

aggie1997

Hello:

I found at an East Texas construction site.   It appears to be in sandstone.  i can see a rib cage and forearm.

Any comments are appreciated.

IMG_1554 resize.jpg

IMG_1553 resize.jpg

May we have the closest town to determine the formation and age? Much of East Texas is late Paleocene to early Eocene, but north of I30 the picture is a bit different.

May we have closeup pics of the area where you see fossil material? 

To get around the file size limit I email 4 pics or so to myself. When it asks what size to send chose an option less than 3.9. 

Email them to yourself. Then save the smaller file size.

• I found this Informative 1

2 hours ago, aggie1997 said:

Hello:

I found at an East Texas construction site.   It appears to be in sandstone.  i can see a rib cage and forearm.

Any comments are appreciated.

And I can see a sheep in that cloud up there. ;) No offense, but pareidolia is what you call that. Your pebble may have a few shell imprints, but no more than that.                                                   

• I found this Informative 2

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

It would be nice to see more detail, but there is very little chance that Ludwigia has missed anything. 

Very few fossils in East Texas. That's a suggestive rock. Sorry 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2019 at 1:23 AM, KimTexan said:

May we have the closest town to determine the formation and age? Much of East Texas is late Paleocene to early Eocene, but north of I30 the picture is a bit different.

May we have closeup pics of the area where you see fossil material? 

To get around the file size limit I email 4 pics or so to myself. When it asks what size to send chose an option less than 3.9. 

Email them to yourself. Then save the smaller file size.

This app for Iphones is great for reducing image size. It may be easier than what you are doing. 

74DD7F29-D327-4E3F-A843-5B1C2F7FD63A.jpeg

Definitely not a reptile embryo, but more close-up images may reveal that I'm wrong or not guessing there might be worm traces on the surface. :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library