A big bone

MrBones

Hello again, I ffound this bone about 2 years ago close to Mugharaq Port, Ruwais, Abu Dhabi, UAE. It was found in a cliff inside of clay-like rock, it was barely acessable during high tide. It is more then 30cm long. The bone looks like it is made of clay, and was very fragile when i cleaned it, it is now less fragile and hardened. Any clues as to what it is? I think it is some sort of legbone. The town of ruwais used to be a savanna not so long ago, hope that helps.20190106_130919.thumb.jpg.cca41456c060c82297d1032fde7c90a7.jpg

33 minutes ago, MrBones said:

It is very hard to tell what is clay and what is bone.

It sure is. I have an idea you are right though. Looks like it has barnacles on it. I'm not sure just how, but I have a feeling that could be an informative coincidence.

• I found this Informative 1

As i said, it is hard to tell the bone and clay apart, when i tried to clean it off small chunks of bone came off with the clay, so i think it is safer not to clean it fully. The barnacles are on only the one spot because it was exposed to the sea only in that tiny spot, the rest was burried in the cliff.

35 minutes ago, MrBones said:

The barnacles are on only the one spot because it was exposed to the sea only in that tiny spot, the rest was burried in the cliff.

Not exactly the way I was going with it, but it still could be useful.