tooth ID?

snowtoothhunter

Looks like a worn upper hemipristis:)  

• I found this Informative 1

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

26 minutes ago, jcbshark said:

Looks like a worn upper hemipristis:)  

Yep, definately seen quite a bit of water tumbling action. You can barely see the serrations.

Here is one of mine dug out recently.

20190102_062225.jpg

20190102_062159.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Yup. Confirmed. Luckily, your find is one of the more distinctive of the fossil shark teeth in your area. It is relatively easy to assign a positive ID to even a water-worn specimen.

Welcome to the forum. Hope you choose to stick around and learn more about fossils. Lots of members up in the NY area so you have opportunities to meet with members in your area and learn more about the fossils that can be found nearby.

Cheers.

-Ken

I have MANY of these worn Hemis

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

Hi,

Why can't I see the pic on the 1st post ? :headscratch:

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

2 minutes ago, Coco said:

Hi,

Why can't I see the pic on the 1st post ? :headscratch:

Coco

I thought the same thing.  :headscratch:

Me too.

I can't see your fossil, but hello, and a very warm welcome to TFF from Morocco! :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

I've seen others lately noting that they are not seeing images but only the text filename where the image should be. Not quite sure what is going on any why only some members are having image problems. I don't think it is the forum software as we have been running on the current version for some time and only selected members are having image issues. I suspect it is some sort of problem with image caching in some of our member's browsers.

My suggestion for those who cannot presently see the image that started off this topic (a worn Hemipristis tooth sitting on a quarter for scale) is to clear your browser's cache. The steps to do this vary depending on the browser you are using. If you've not done this before, do an internet search for "clearing cache" and the name of your browser. It should not be too difficult to find a webpage with the proper details to guide you through this.

If you succeed in clearing old images from your browser cache and are then able to properly view the image at the start of this topic, please post to let others know of your success.

Cheers.

-Ken