montse

8 hours ago, montse said:

I have a photo of fossil worms of the Grand Canyon, I passed the link.

https://www.alamy.es/foto-8528-grand-canyon-gusano-fosil-senderos-en-esquistos-bright-angel-53805323.html

Those trace fossil might be attributed to Lockeia. :)

Lockeia and Protovirgularia are from the same ichnofacies, if I'm not wrong.

4748971457_61aced5afd_o.thumb.jpg.713e21ff1fcd9bc318beff4233fe22b7.jpg

picture from here

• I found this Informative 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

In the same place where this fossil was found, I found bivalves and sponges ...

20190107_164224.jpg

Nice scleractinian.

20190107_164725.jpg

Could you take a photo of that turritella less near ?

20190107_165600.jpg

What are the size of your fossils ?

4 hours ago, montse said:

It looks a lot like the body of the supposed "worms" both rhizolists and cliona cretacea. Mangrove roots I do not see the resemblance. Now looking for cliona cretaceous, I have realized that I have a fossil that seems Cretaceous and the Vallès-Penedes area could also have sediments from the Cretaceous and also littoral mixed with continental.
I climb the so-called Cretaceous fossil and a photo of the complete burrow of worms.
Thank you all.

20190107_165713.jpg

Very nice fossils.:dinothumb:

8 hours ago, digit said:

Impossible for me to say with authority as I am not familiar with the fossil material from that location (beyond what you have shown). My best guess would be to go with things that I have seen before which resemble this. Given the fact that you are finding coral fossils in the area, it is not much of a stretch to think this might be an eroded fossilized coral that has been layered with calcite and agate as Tony suggested:

Again, we don't have members collecting fossils in your area so we are using our experience in other areas and our memories of seeing known fossils or minerals that are similar to your find to make our best guesses and possibly suggest paths for research. When you are back in Barcelona I think it would be a great idea to seek out the geology/paleontology department of a local museum or university and talk to someone who may have more experience in the locality where you found these pieces. If you do get an authoritative answer, please let us know here. It would be informative for not only those looking at these images now but anybody who comes across this topic in the future.

Cheers.

-Ken

I'm not sure she should do this, i leave near from spanish frontier  and i've heard fossil hunting is forbidden in all the country.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

Just now, fifbrindacier said:

I'm not sure she should do this, i leave near from spanish frontier  and i've heard fossil hunting is forbidden in all the country.

Ah, always important to know the local legalities. Thanks for that update.

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 1

The fossils that I have have been collected by my father and some other friends of the family. I have some collected by me from the same area. Most of us have them at home about 70-80 years ago.
I did not know that fossils could not be collected.

Regards.

I know some people who collected fossils in spain, with the approbation of local people, so there are tolérances, but i don't think there were officials.

But there is an hearsay that tells the spanish authorities will change their rules about it.

ONce in Barcelona, you can say east pyrenees without being annoyed, because if so, you could have hunted them in France.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg