GaryMc

Finds of the weekend!

GaryMc

Hello everyone

First, thanks for responding to my posts, and sorry they haven't been up to par. I, like most people do appreciate feedback because I learn something sometimes. I'm posting just a few of my finds from this weekend. This time I'm only asking,please, that if you are not 100 percent, don't comment please. I know what I've been finding, my wife seen it first hand today, and I seriously feel that this area hasn't had anything like this. Call me whatever you may wish! There are no other stones but headline stones at my property. A major amount of earth was removed to build up the levee on which our 50 acre lake depends on , if that says anything about the amount of dirt, clay. So, these were found about a mile from the Middle Fork, Salt Fork, and those 2 combined the Vermillion River in Rural Vermillion County. More to come!

20190106_234221.jpg

Rockwood
2 hours ago, GaryMc said:

Call me whatever you may wish!

Curious and in need of guidance. 

That's 100 % what we do here. :)

Kane

I would consider myself almost 100% certain that this is not a fossilized egg, vertebrae, or head contrary to what your tags suggest. You will likely find that is the consensus of others here as well. 

But of course science is not about being 100% certain. Certainty belongs in mathematical proofs, whereas science is about testing and falsifying. To assume absolute certainty assumes knowledge of all things in all times in all places: something science does not do, and is not part of the empirical method. Science cannot prove or disprove anything; only reduce the margins of (im)probability through constant, rigorous testing with ever more stringent controls. 

fifbrindacier

I agree with what was said above. There's no more fossils here than in your other posts. Stones and rocks can sometimes take odd shapes and have odd patterns. They're called pareidolia, like for example the human face of the moon.

Fossildude19

As there is nothing more to be gleaned from this topic, it has been locked.