Vanishing Annoying ID Requests

SailingAlongToo

Is it just me or did a bunch of annoying posts about individual fossil specimen IDs from the internet and a newbie trying to sell something on TFF with his very 1st post for $12,000, just vanish into thin air, never to be seen or heard from again? Except in TFF folklore......

:ninja: :blink: :shrug: :fistbump:

• I found this Informative 4

Don't know much about history

Don't know much biology

Don't know much about science books.........

Sam Cooke - (What A) Wonderful World

Reminds me of multiple recent posts stating what were obviously water worn rocks were actually teeth and skulls.......

:hearty-laugh:

Don't know much about history

Don't know much biology

Don't know much about science books.........

Sam Cooke - (What A) Wonderful World

10 minutes ago, Kane said:

We in the back office aren't just here to look pretty. ;):D 

uummm... ok :headscratch:

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

9 minutes ago, daves64 said:

uummm... ok :headscratch:

I think he means they got rid of them :)

• I found this Informative 1

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

26 minutes ago, SailingAlongToo said:

Is it just me or did a bunch of annoying posts about individual fossil specimen IDs from the internet and a newbie trying to sell something on TFF with his very 1st post for $12,000, just vanish into thin air, never to be seen or heard from again? Except in TFF folklore......

:ninja: :blink: :shrug: :fistbump:

It's just a conspiracy theory. 

Group hallucination. 

You just imagined it. 

Or something.

• I found this Informative 3

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

In all seriousness, if members encounter suspicious posts, or those that are in violation of our forum rules, do not hesitate to use the “report post” link. We do try to read and see everything, but sometimes stuff slips through. It helps us address the issue, and keeps this forum the wonderful space that it continues to be. :) 

• I found this Informative 11

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

1 hour ago, Kane said:

We in the back office aren't just here to look pretty. ;):D 

But we suspect that you do... :wub: :rofl: 

1 hour ago, Kane said:

In all seriousness, if members encounter suspicious posts, or those that are in violation of our forum rules, do not hesitate to use the “report post” link. We do try to read and see everything, but sometimes stuff slips through. It helps us address the issue, and keeps this forum the wonderful space that it continues to be. :) 

Some of us already use that function, y'know ;)

• I found this Informative 2

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

5 hours ago, FossilsAnonymous said:

I think he means they got rid of them :)

I know that. The comment was on the "look pretty" part of Kane's comment.. :D

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

1 hour ago, daves64 said:

Pretty is in the eyes of the beholder...:ighappy:

Is that what the muffled screams from the basement were about?

You folks do an outstanding job keeping this the very best fossil forum ever. And boy-o-boy I remember some horrible ones from years back. Anyone remember the one for east coasters? Somehow it was filled with the worst mean-spirited bunch of social imbeciles you could ever imagine. Every other reply was a flame thrower of invective...foul.

• I found this Informative 3

21 hours ago, daves64 said:

Better watch out, we might not see you again if you keep up that sacrilegious talk ;)

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

I'm not really into social media other than this site until recently.  ( I know,  weird considering that I'm one of the first members here) My daughter set me up with a Facebook account this last Christmas.   She helped me to join some groups that we thought I would like.  I assumed they would be kind of like here.  I was very wrong.  People outside here are rude, know-it-all, and just look to correct and belittle complete strangers.  Cussing,  threatening, political garbage, trolling, etc spew from people like water from a fountain.  

This is the best place on the internet.  Much of that is thanks to our moderators booting undesiberables out like tossing overburden over a cliff!

Thanks!!

• I found this Informative 12

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

16 minutes ago, Ramo said:

Much of that is thanks to our moderators booting undesiberables out like tossing overburden over a cliff!

Thanks!!

Just say “you’re outta here” to undesirable TFF posters like Wally George on Hot Seat used to say to his guests.

Disclaimer: our staff treats everyone better than Wally George.

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

• 4 weeks later...

My favorite was the guy who admitted he knew nothing about fossils or science but he was absolutely certain that the round rocks he had were fossil turtle eggs.  Uncorroborating CAT scans seemed to take a little starch out of him but he vowed to come back someday and prove us all wrong.  Fight the power, Homer.