Albian ammonites ID help

KatzFeldkurat

Hello!

I hope to get help from experts to ID some Albian/ Vraconian ammonites. 

All are from the Zirc Limestone formation, Hungary, Bakony Mts. The locality contains condensed lens of Stoliczkaia dispar & Mortoniceras fallax zones.

Thank you in advance!

NoID 1 (Clearly not Salaziceras salazecense form, could be some Zuluscaphites/ Metascaphites form? (based on the monography, not Zuluscaphites orycteropusi or helveticus not Metascaphites sholzi or thomasii either)
5c373dbc19824_noID3.thumb.jpg.bde1350865784632b737cc3cb8074b85.jpg

NoID 2 (I thought this some Stoliczkaia juvenile form (???), found this size a few more, no bigger specimens)

5c373db9010df_noID2.thumb.jpg.23df604f551ba1771af6e02588057a08.jpg

NoID 3 (Could be Dypoloceras or Hysteroceras???)

5c373dc257438_noID4.thumb.jpg.3c2eb6ec1b9d387700e67ec8b29162c7.jpg

With Kind Regards

NoID 4 (First with living chamber, second speciemen just phragmacone, not Stoliczkaia juvenile form I think, no other guesses)

5c3740180b54c_noID1.thumb.jpg.950c77ca315e7c83a608d78b2662c421.jpg

I'll be the closest to Hungary, but I'm not so familiar with ammonites.

Specimen - NoID 3, looks close to Hysteroceras, but I'm unsure.
Hysteroceras binum (J. SOWERBY, 1815) was reported from the Late Albian of Pénzeskút Marl Formation, Hungary.

This document might be on help, but probably you have it already.

Maybe Roger could take a look at the document and say what are the proper ones for your specimens, if he will have a spare time.

• I found this Informative 2

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

1 hour ago, abyssunder said:

I'll be the closest to Hungary, but I'm not so familiar with ammonites.

Specimen - NoID 3, looks close to Hysteroceras, but I'm unsure.
Hysteroceras binum (J. SOWERBY, 1815) was reported from the Late Albian of Pénzeskút Marl Formation, Hungary.

This document might be on help, but probably you have it already.

Maybe Roger could take a look at the document and say what are the proper ones for your specimens, if he will have a spare time.

Very good source of reference. I would think that KatzFeldkurat has enough experience to embark on his own studies. His guess is probably as good as mine :)

• I found this Informative 1

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Thank you all for the replies!

Yes I am well versed in the above mentioned paper, also studied the referenced ones (SCHOLZ 1979, NAGY 1971-1973 and BUJTOR 1990). The NAGY 1971 monography barely contains 1/3rd of the species found in this locality (and this is only the ammonites) SCHOLZ described too many ammonite species that could not distuingished properly (either bad quality photo tables or naming species after one more or less tubercles) so 1/4 of the species got terminated in SZÍVES 2007. This means a lot of confusion, but this paper is the best source I found so far. The ammonites above are not included in either of these papers.

This could mean new occurence from Hungary, or new species (as happend with Scaphites evanicsi (Szíves 2007) named after Zoltan Evanics privat collectror), but I am just an amateur, and as I am well versed in this locality, I just barely know anything about the other Ammonite faunal provinces and other localities.

As I know this far, the Alpstein locality share a great number of similar species. This was my secondary source. Another thing I know from NAGY and BUJTOR, that this locality of "Turrilitenmergel" has faunas mixed from European and Tethyan povinces.

Sadly as I know this far, currently no one works on this material from the Museum, that is why I am little lost, and try to ask around in the Internet Hive Mind.

I already got good results with heteromorphs and echinoids (2-1 new species were ID-ed already by collectors from spain), but regular ammonites are hard crack. I hope I would find someone who can guess these ones or give some source of references.

Kind regards

• I found this Informative 2