Dracarys

Negotiating on terms to buy this T rex Claw. Does it seem smaller than usual in size? How much do this run for? I am new to collecting. Thank you

IMG_0132.jpg

t rex claw.jpg

1 hour ago, bvpham said:

How much do this run for? I am new to collecting.

Per TFF rules, appraisals and monetary values are not allowed. I'm sure 1 of the Moderators will fill in with the exact verbiage.

@Fossildude19 @Auspex@Kane

• I found this Informative 1

Don't know much about history

Don't know much biology

Don't know much about science books.........

Sam Cooke - (What A) Wonderful World

Sorry. newb. But still curious on the groups thoughts of the fossil. thanks

Edited by bvpham

32 minutes ago, SailingAlongToo said:

Per TFF rules, appraisals and monetary values are not allowed. I'm sure 1 of the Moderators will fill in with the exact verbiage.

@Fossildude19 @Auspex@Kane

2 hours ago, bvpham said:

Negotiating on terms to buy this T rex Claw. Does it seem smaller than usual in size? How much do this run for? I am new to collecting. Thank you

Per The Forum Rules and Community Standards:

"Please understand that The Fossil Forum cannot appraise the commercial value of a fossil; this is beyond what can be done through pictures on the internet, so please don't ask."

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

0F16DB90-C3FC-45BB-9FBE-F9AC37F318B9.thumb.jpeg.c8524786318f5e27919cafa700815d98.jpeg

Looks similar to this claw. Troodon states, “The one I always struggle with is the morphology that has a bulbous end.  It has the same features but they are harder to see.   Not sure if this is positional or a different species.” He believes it to be Anzu but not entirely sure.

• I found this Informative 1

This has been very helpful. I was doubtful of T rex bc of the small size. It seems still to be a cool fossil though. 

Both pictured claws are Anzu wyliei pes claws. The original pictured claw in question is likely D-III-5, the outside toe. 

• 4 years later...