bumpy stubby wood or coral?

hndmarshall

coral wood or something else?

found west of Houston in a gravel load

from the Brazos River

I have taken the pics in two different lights, this what ever it is seemed out of place only one like it in the location that I could find...

could be a fragment of something larger I don't know.

000_0592.JPG

000_0593.JPG

000_0596.JPG

000_0597.JPG

Actually, I'd call that a cluster of tiny geodes. I've got a few similar to that as well. See the area I circled (well ovaled) in red?

000_0592.JPG.8650babadbefa07cea1b67137f62a0e4.JPG

• I found this Informative 2

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

My curiosity might lead me to cut it half longitudinally, to see if it's a possible geodized coral or something else, but it's hard to do that.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

This is a pic of one of mine. 6 cm long x 4 cm wide. My "baby geode nursery". :D

DSC_0001.JPG

• I found this Informative 2

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

10 hours ago, daves64 said:

This is a pic of one of mine. 6 cm long x 4 cm wide. My "baby geode nursery". :D

That looks close to the specimen in question. :dinothumb:

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library