Buying Fossils in Australia

Hayden211

Where would i buy fossils in Australia, money is not a concern but i'm just curious where i would be best off searching.

Hayden

You can search online by type. Shipping is high$$. Not saying but if you are to mail order, but a friend of mine bought a short flat mineral. Paid $28 shipping, and they just put it in a plain envelope and mailed it. Arrived here broken into three little pieces. No recourse, but I am sure their is many fine dealers. 

@Hayden211 G'day!

Unfortunately, Australia is in a bit of a weird spot when it comes to buying fossils. There is a couple online Australian stores you can buy from but they do not have too much diversity in what they sell and is is mostly Australian fossils, not many dinosaur and large reptiles if that is what you are looking for. If you are into buying Australian vertebrate fossils, I believe this website sells Pleistocene mega-fauna and some cretaceous fossils from Queensland. If you want to buy dinosaur fossils and other 'rare' fossils (Reptiles, trilobites, shark teeth, etc) you would have better luck finding something you like from an overseas website.  I don't usually buy fossils but when I do I usually order them online from overseas. There is a local store near my house' that sells gems and fossils but it is pretty far from where you are in SA :P. I do believe that you can maybe order fossils from this store but I may be wrong. I will PM you the sites.

Hope this helps,

Dan

• I found this Informative 1