Kumamoto-Montana joint educational program

David in Japan

Hi TFF friends,

I long hesitated wether to post it or not and where to post it but as i think it is worthy to share you this special news, i will use this thread to do so.

2 years ago, the Kumamoto Montana Natural Science Museum Association (kmnsma) , an association composed of the Museum Of the Rockies,  the Carter county museum, Mifune Dinosaur Museum, Goshoura cretaceous museum, Kumamoto city museum, Aso volcano museum (whose goal is to develop and expand a sustainable U.S./Japan museum network that will promote educational learning and community
engagement through the sciences of paleontology, geology, and astronomy) launched the idea to develop a joint educational program which could be use in the US and in Japan.

After 2 years of development, we are proud annouce you that we've finished the educator guide for 5-6 grades. We published it online, where you can download it for free at the following address. It is a little bit heavy (31Mo).

http://mifunemuseum.jp/kmnsma/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/2018-MOR-Text-Book_web-File.pdf

If you are interested in our projects, do not hesitate to visit the association website at 

http://mifunemuseum.jp/kmnsma/?page_id=9

And do not hesitate to leave a comment about the educator guide.:)

David

Edit: sorry for the change font. 

• I found this Informative 7

~~~~~~~~~~~~〇~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warmest greetings from Kumamoto、 Japan

Well if it's geared for 5th- 6th graders it is likely going to be way too difficult for my understanding. :headscratch:

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

35 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Well if it's geared for 5th- 6th graders it is likely going to be way too difficult for my understanding. :headscratch:

I will let you know when we publish the one with the colouring stuff :P

• I found this Informative 1

5 hours ago, David in Japan said:

I will let you know when we publish the one with the colouring stuff :P

If you have one with pop-up pictures, that would be appreciated. :D

• I found this Informative 2

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

So you're not just a hobbyist, but also do some serious work, eh? :P Congrats on the completion of the preparation and the beginning of a worthwhile project!

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

2 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Congratulations.

Good work.:)

2 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

So you're not just a hobbyist, but also do some serious work, eh? :P Congrats on the completion of the preparation and the beginning of a worthwhile project!

Thank you.

Ludwigia, I consider myself more as a lucky hobbyist who has the chance to work sometimes at a museum in Japan ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Such a great program @David in Japan and it is something else to see such an incredible learning opportunity for children. One of the few regrets I have was not trying to be a part of this project.

17 hours ago, CBchiefski said:

Such a great program @David in Japan and it is something else to see such an incredible learning opportunity for children. One of the few regrets I have was not trying to be a part of this project.

Thank you. Do you mean you had the opportunity to work on this project?

On 1/22/2019 at 4:31 PM, David in Japan said:

Thank you. Do you mean you had the opportunity to work on this project?

Nearly yes, was too busy with research and my own classes though. I do try to work with children when and where I can, visiting classrooms, taking school groups out to a dig site, etc.