Jump to content
Nimravis

New Digital Microscope

Recommended Posts

Tidgy's Dad

How marvelous! :)

These are great pictures, even from the TV. 

Bit of practice and the right card and these will be astounding. 

What a great puchase.

Congratulations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nimravis
10 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

How marvelous! :)

These are great pictures, even from the TV. 

Bit of practice and the right card and these will be astounding. 

What a great puchase.

Congratulations. 

Thanks Adam, I was really surprised at the quality, next time I need to get closer to the fossil and see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobby Rico

Great tool hours of fun . Very nice indeed   :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nimravis
14 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Great tool hours of fun . Very nice indeed   :wub:

That is what I am worried about Bobby, I don't want to spend all of my time taking pics, I only want to use it on a limited basis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jaimin013

Awesome results very nice thanks for sharing! I have also been thinking of buying a microscope to capture the details in my fossils but I still haven't decided on a make/model yet. I want one to capture the small details in some of my really tiny dinosaur teeth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mediospirifer

Very nice! As others have said, given the right card/direct computer link, the stored images should be impressive.

 

As it is, I'm reminded of this: LINK:D

 

Congrats on a cool purchase!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jaimin013

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobby Rico
1 hour ago, Nimravis said:

That is what I am worried about Bobby, I don't want to spend all of my time taking pics, I only want to use it on a limited basis.

Every thing in moderation my friend. Enjoy great buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Innocentx

This is the first item I've seen on here that I felt I had to have. Sold on it by your demonstration above.

Thanks for including information and site name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nimravis
2 hours ago, Mediospirifer said:

As it is, I'm reminded of this

Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nimravis
55 minutes ago, Innocentx said:

This is the first item I've seen on here that I felt I had to have. Sold on it by your demonstration above.

Thanks for including information and site name.

I am not positive if it will connect to my computer, but with it plugged into the hdmi on the TV and using an SD card I should be able to transfer them to my computer- At least it sounds like it’ll work LOL.At least it sounds like it’ll work LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mediospirifer

I looked the model up (LINK) and it's listed as a USB-compatible scope. It should connect to your computer just fine. Did it come with a cable or software?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nimravis
57 minutes ago, Mediospirifer said:

I looked the model up (LINK) and it's listed as a USB-compatible scope. It should connect to your computer just fine. Did it come with a cable or software?

 

Yes- it came with a USB that you power it with and an HDMI cable, maybe the USB will do both- I will have to try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JohnBrewer

My laptop, which is pretty old, has an hdmi slot. Worth a look. Maybe you could get a hdmi pc card if your graphics card doesn’t have one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nimravis

Thanks I will check it out, it might have a slot on the back of my desktop, it is only a couple years old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mediospirifer

Try the USB first. If your computer doesn't know how to handle it (Windows has a camera wizard built-in that might play nicely with the scope), drop a note to Amscope and ask their advice. My Celestron digital microscopes (yes, I have two) came with software (and were a lot cheaper! But not as good image quality.), as well as cables. Your scope should have come with everything you need.

 

Try it out, and good luck!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nimravis
2 hours ago, Mediospirifer said:

Try the USB first. If your computer doesn't know how to handle it (Windows has a camera wizard built-in that might play nicely with the scope), drop a note to Amscope and ask their advice. My Celestron digital microscopes (yes, I have two) came with software (and were a lot cheaper! But not as good image quality.), as well as cables. Your scope should have come with everything you need.

 

Try it out, and good luck!

 

Thank you- they did say it should work and I will try it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mediospirifer

Very nice!!!

 

That's quite the microfossil hash. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mediospirifer

Sweet!

 

Now you just need to figure out image stacking... :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×