New Digital Microscope

Nimravis

Like @JohnBrewer , I also purchased a new toy from AmScope. I purchased Item #UHM350-11 "Tabletop Digital Microscope with Variable Working Distance and 11" Articulating Arm". This piece also have two LED lighting rings.This was a great purchase for $270.00 and about 1000 times better that the $20 Plugable USB Microscope that I purchased before.

I set it up and unfortunately I do not have an Micro SD card to capture the pics. I am not tech savy, so I will have to study it for a bit and see if I can actually hook it up to mu computer. Right now I have it hooked up to my TV with the "provided" HDMI cable.

I took a few pics and will post below- I will use a pic that I made with my I Phone and then I will show pics from the microscope. WARNING- I took the pics off of my TV with my phone, so they will not be as sharp as I am seeing it live. Hopefully they will look great when saved on a Micro card.

I Phone Pic

IMG_6698.jpg.ccea1b6af47ee2b27f07ae53e2b9361e.jpg

Picture shot off of the TV

IMG_6751.thumb.jpg.bb4322a97d6ef39017d6b6b2632fcde9.jpgIMG_6753.thumb.jpg.5cd83acdbe94a064283c99fae1db9729.jpg

Here is a great example of a Mazon Creek concretion with 2- Sea Cucumber mouths.

I Phone Pic-

IMG_6771.thumb.jpg.63047e48dae091de0bae9d72679eb5a5.jpg

• I found this Informative 8
  • Enjoyed 1

How marvelous! :)

These are great pictures, even from the TV. 

Bit of practice and the right card and these will be astounding. 

What a great puchase.

Congratulations. 

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

10 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

How marvelous! :)

These are great pictures, even from the TV. 

Bit of practice and the right card and these will be astounding. 

What a great puchase.

Congratulations. 

Thanks Adam, I was really surprised at the quality, next time I need to get closer to the fossil and see what happens.

14 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Great tool hours of fun . Very nice indeed   :wub:

That is what I am worried about Bobby, I don't want to spend all of my time taking pics, I only want to use it on a limited basis.

Awesome results very nice thanks for sharing! I have also been thinking of buying a microscope to capture the details in my fossils but I still haven't decided on a make/model yet. I want one to capture the small details in some of my really tiny dinosaur teeth.

5d738606eab6e_2018-11-1322_54_57-Greenshot-newlogo.png

Very nice! As others have said, given the right card/direct computer link, the stored images should be impressive.

As it is, I'm reminded of this: LINK:D

Congrats on a cool purchase!

• Enjoyed 1

1 hour ago, Nimravis said:

That is what I am worried about Bobby, I don't want to spend all of my time taking pics, I only want to use it on a limited basis.

Every thing in moderation my friend. Enjoy great buy.

• I found this Informative 2

This is the first item I've seen on here that I felt I had to have. Sold on it by your demonstration above.

Thanks for including information and site name.

"Journey through a universe ablaze with changes" Phil Ochs

55 minutes ago, Innocentx said:

This is the first item I've seen on here that I felt I had to have. Sold on it by your demonstration above.

Thanks for including information and site name.

I am not positive if it will connect to my computer, but with it plugged into the hdmi on the TV and using an SD card I should be able to transfer them to my computer- At least it sounds like it’ll work LOL.At least it sounds like it’ll work LOL.

I looked the model up (LINK) and it's listed as a USB-compatible scope. It should connect to your computer just fine. Did it come with a cable or software?

4 hours ago, Nimravis said:

Nope, sorry my friend, you've been sucked into a whole other dimensional world. You're a lost cause now! 

You know what they say...

"Once you go micro, you never go back!" :P

Really nice photos, even taken off of a TV screen!

• I found this Informative 5

57 minutes ago, Mediospirifer said:

I looked the model up (LINK) and it's listed as a USB-compatible scope. It should connect to your computer just fine. Did it come with a cable or software?

Yes- it came with a USB that you power it with and an HDMI cable, maybe the USB will do both- I will have to try.

Thanks I will check it out, it might have a slot on the back of my desktop, it is only a couple years old.

Try the USB first. If your computer doesn't know how to handle it (Windows has a camera wizard built-in that might play nicely with the scope), drop a note to Amscope and ask their advice. My Celestron digital microscopes (yes, I have two) came with software (and were a lot cheaper! But not as good image quality.), as well as cables. Your scope should have come with everything you need.

Try it out, and good luck!

• I found this Informative 2

2 hours ago, Mediospirifer said:

Try the USB first. If your computer doesn't know how to handle it (Windows has a camera wizard built-in that might play nicely with the scope), drop a note to Amscope and ask their advice. My Celestron digital microscopes (yes, I have two) came with software (and were a lot cheaper! But not as good image quality.), as well as cables. Your scope should have come with everything you need.

Thank you- they did say it should work and I will try it.

2 hours ago, Mediospirifer said:

It works- Whoo Hooo-. I just took a couple quick pics of Mississippian hash plates. I just need to play around with settings, etc. Thanks Again

20190113205334.thumb.jpg.e004fa3ca0a66fb2b80de4b7c41d3693.jpg20190113205415.thumb.jpg.ca5ec0ad7eb6a9bf236dc7a52ecd739e.jpg

• I found this Informative 5
  • Enjoyed 1

21 minutes ago, Mediospirifer said:

Very nice!!!

That's quite the microfossil hash. 

It also works great for tiny ray teeth from Shark Tooth Hill.

IMG_6821.thumb.jpg.45ef88ff59224913769536f69252973f.jpg20190113211626.thumb.jpg.d8a2c848d05a513a24b9be1d0fddb522.jpg

• I found this Informative 4
  • Enjoyed 1