Johan

PaleoTime-NL 2019 international fossil show

Hunter0811

yes i have a small stand on PaleoTime-NL, you can follow me on insta; dutchdinosaurs or look on my website dutchdinosaurs.com. should be fun!

Greetings,

Tijn

Abstraktum

I'm thinking about going there. But got a few questions:

How many different seller are there and what kind of fossils are there (as in only locally or from all over the world)? And are there moroccan seller for KemKem fossils?

Lectures are only in Dutch? I only speak German and English.

Thank you!

Would be a long trip by train for me (arriving Friday evening and leaving Sunday morning), so I want to make sure if it's worth it. :) 

Johan

Hi Abstraktum,

Usually, there are about 40-50 different sellers, mostly from the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany. The fossils that are traded here are from all over the world. The last few years there have not been any Moroccan exhibitors at PaleoTime-NL, but there are usually a few traders who do sell Moroccan material. The lectures are indeed in Dutch. 

If you want to get an impression of PaleoTime-NL, you can look at this topic, of last years edition: 

The show has moved to a new (i.e. better) location, but it can give you an impression of what to expect. 

Cheers,

Johan

Abstraktum

Looking good and there seem to be some fine fossils for sale as well. 

Might as well join the party there and stay a little longer in the Netherlands to look around. ^_^

Have to ask my boss if I get a few more days off :ninja:

Johan
36 minutes ago, Abstraktum said:

Looking good and there seem to be some fine fossils for sale as well. 

Might as well join the party there and stay a little longer in the Netherlands to look around. ^_^

Have to ask my boss if I get a few more days off :ninja:

Cool! I hope to see you there!

Cheer,

Johan

Nimravis

Remember to post pics of the fossils that are available at the show- we all like to see what is out there.

LordTrilobite

I'll probably be there.

dutchdinosaurs
56 minutes ago, Nimravis said:

Remember to post pics of the fossils that are available at the show- we all like to see what is out there.

I'll send a few pics of some of the fossils that i have available if you want ;) its mainly Dinosaur material from the hell Creek/ lance/ Judith river Formation.

LordTrilobite
24 minutes ago, dutchdinosaurs said:

I'll send a few pics of some of the fossils that i have available if you want ;) its mainly Dinosaur material from the hell Creek/ lance/ Judith river Formation.

Ooh I'll have to keep an eye out for that when I'm there.

gigantoraptor
27 minutes ago, dutchdinosaurs said:

Perfect... now I wanna come even more. If I start walking 2 march and skip an entire week of school I might make it in time.

Johan
3 minutes ago, gigantoraptor said:

Perfect... now I wanna come even more. If I start walking 2 march and skip an entire week of school I might make it in time.

There are quite a few people from Belgium that are going there by car, so maybe you could catch a ride with someone? 

dutchdinosaurs
20 minutes ago, LordTrilobite said:

Ooh I'll have to keep an eye out for that when I'm there.

Shouldnt be to hard as im probably one of the only stands with hell Creek fossils.

Nimravis
50 minutes ago, dutchdinosaurs said:

Not necessary, I just like to see what is offered at the various shows. If you have time take a look at a couple of my posts from the M.A.P.S. Show- I take a lot of pics so the FF members can see what it is like at some shows. Not every state or country has shows that people can get to.

Have fun at the show.

dutchdinosaurs
10 minutes ago, Nimravis said:

Not necessary, I just like to see what is offered at the various shows. If you have time take a look at a couple of my posts from the M.A.P.S. Show- I take a lot of pics so the FF members can see what it is like at some shows. Not every state or country has shows that people can get to.

Have fun at the show.

Yeah a Friend of mine is coming to and his Passion is photography so ill post his pics after the fair!

ynot

Looks like some nice additions for Your collection.

Johan

Yes, PaleoTime-NL 2019 was awesome! We had a great time. The new venue really worked out well. I will upload some pics soon. In the meantime: here is a liittle youtube video of the fossil show that I found today: 

Gives a good impression. 

Also on the webiste of the Werkgroep Fossielen Wageningen, one of the organizers, there is a nice photo slideshow, with pics from the event: http://www.werkgroepfossielenwageningen.nl/page25.html

Cheers,

Johan

Tidgy's Dad
22 hours ago, LordTrilobite said:

The fair was a lot of fun. Talked to a lot of people and bought some cool pieces. I did however completely forget to take any pictures at the show itself. Sorry.

But here are a few photos afterwards of the pieces I bought.

Very nice purchases.

I love the Moroccan Harpetid.:)

ziggycardon

Seeing these photo's of the fair, I am kinda sad I couldn't go! 
I always love going to paleotime, thank you for posting these photo's :) 

Tidgy's Dad

Glad it was a success.

Looks great, thanks for sharing. :)

FossilDAWG

Well I can tell that if I had been able to go (purely wishful thinking, given the trans-Atlantic logistics) my bank account would have taken a significant hit.

Don

Johan

and a few more pics...IMG_7645.thumb.jpg.d3ff21fc2e1cb8341f568b13a51664f5.jpgIMG_1233.thumb.jpg.7160abbd1a9666b728a7494d4239d1f1.jpgIMG_1141.thumb.jpg.33c64970e37b6ae6447e5978417c32a8.jpgIMG_1147.thumb.jpg.777a8d96d6094c40ec6693c423e2db6a.jpgIMG_1133.thumb.jpg.f6658f3b37dedbc7cdba9ec5c5d0571c.jpgIMG_7681.thumb.jpg.c3aa216263b1ad3f3c985b8172e8ccb7.jpgIMG_7649.thumb.jpg.e9c1c28f2ce292e21d2ea88c5e5f2a6a.jpgIMG_7694.thumb.jpg.25146d0ef1ff8b2f0a7c179b483e4ac4.jpg

LordTrilobite

Great photos! thanks for posting!