Wightlight

I've been looking at this tooth labeled Nanotyrannus from the Lance Formation in Wyoming (scale is in cm) . Now, the photos aren't great but I'm sort of wondering if it really is Nanotyrannus. It isn't quite as rectangular as other nano teeth I've seen (though I'll readily admit that I haven't seen a lot) and seems less curved. Any thoughts?

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I agree, doesn't look like any other teeth I've seen labeled as Nanotyrannus. It seems to lack the pinch in the middle of the tooth. Though it's hard to tell how much of the tooth is missing.

• I found this Informative 2

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Agreed @LordTrilobite to be honest, I can’t tell if there are serrations or not which might be important. Also doesn’t curve as much. The tooth is not the typical rectangular cross-section shape so I would actually lean towards Rex if it were Tyrannosaur but hard to tell from just a tip like that.

• I found this Informative 2

Looks slightly too thick to be Nano

• I found this Informative 1

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

I decided to buy it. Best case, it's a rex tip, worst case it's a cheap-ish worn nano (or unknown theropod). I'll take some photos once it arrives

• I found this Informative 1