Anybody have a paper on Otodus from Morocco?

DeepTimeIsotopes

I’m wondering what the age of the Otodus teeth are in Morocco. Does anybody have any papers on the teeth there? Also, does anybody know how many genera there are there?

Thanks

• I found this Informative 3

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

Otodus obliquus are Paleocene into Eocene.

• I found this Informative 4

Don't know much about history

Don't know much biology

Don't know much about science books.........

Sam Cooke - (What A) Wonderful World

7 minutes ago, Al Dente said:

Here’s a good website that lists the sharks and rays from the phosphate mines. There are photos of most of the species.

http://users.telenet.be/sharkteethcollection/ray list totaal/Ray list totaal.htm

Thanks, that helps!

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

• 4 weeks later...

As illustrated in the chart, I have always heard that Otodus dates back to the Late Paleocene in Morocco though it's more common in the Early Eocene.   It might go back to the Early Paleocene elsewhere - a site in Russia and maybe even New Jersey.

There is one article I know of:

MacFadden, B.J., J. Labs-Hochstein,, I. Quitmyer, and D.S. Jones.  2004.

Incremental growth and diagenesis of skeletal parts of the lamnoid shark Otodus obliquus from the early Eocene (Ypres) of Morocco. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 206: 179- 192.

@non-remanié

• I found this Informative 1

7 hours ago, siteseer said:

As illustrated in the chart, I have always heard that Otodus dates back to the Late Paleocene in Morocco though it's more common in the Early Eocene.   It might go back to the Early Paleocene elsewhere - a site in Russia and maybe even New Jersey.

There is one article I know of:

MacFadden, B.J., J. Labs-Hochstein,, I. Quitmyer, and D.S. Jones.  2004.

Incremental growth and diagenesis of skeletal parts of the lamnoid shark Otodus obliquus from the early Eocene (Ypres) of Morocco. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 206: 179- 192.

@non-remanié

Cool, that’s helpful.:dinothumb: