Rowboater

Went back to the beach twice after several days of north winds that should have pushed stuff on the beach.  Was surprised that there was still snow on the ground away from the water.  The surf was rougher both trips than I expected, lots of icy water in my boots both trips.  Low tide was not that low (lunar? or need a decent south west wind?)  The water was COLD and also cloudy, guessing stuff like  shrimp coprolite "burrows" were further out; didn't find one on either trip.  Highlight was today, found a nice cowshark tooth (but rootless), a broken cowshark tooth, and two almost one inch makos.  Picked up more small "whale bone" than teeth each trip.  Wind dropped at the end of the trip and I could have probably found more, but was tired and my feet were wet and cold, so gave it up.

011719.thumb.jpg.158160ad4fd40de96a36f1cdecfdd7bc.jpg011719-1.thumb.jpg.6c9560961ad2f46c62526d9d7782abbf.jpg  

• I found this Informative 4

Nice finds! Congrats on the Makos and Cows. I also see a pretty decent Sand Tiger in the first picture. Glad you were able to get out there despite the recent weather. Good luck on your future hunts!

The Hunt for the Hemipristine continues!

~Hoppe hunting!~

1 hour ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Nice.:)

Love the colour on that last tooth. 

1 hour ago, HoppeHunting said:

Nice finds! Congrats on the Makos and Cows. I also see a pretty decent Sand Tiger in the first picture. Glad you were able to get out there despite the recent weather. Good luck on your future hunts!

Thanks!  I was initially disappointed today with the cold rough surf and was thinking about leaving with nothing after an hour, but the weather improved and was happy with the teeth in the manageable wash, particularly the cow shark.  Hope to get out a few more times before we go into the deep freeze Monday night!

Nice cowshark!

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?