Favorite duckbill dinosaur  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite duckbill dinosaur?

• Saurolophus
    • Gryposaurus
    • Hadrosaurus
    • Charonosaurus
    • Parasaurolophus
    • Lambeosaurus
    • Corythosaurus
    • Magnapaulia
    • Prosaurolophus
    • Hypacrosaurus
    • Arenysaurus
    • Jaxartosaurus
    • Brachylophosaurus
    • Maiasaura
    • Acristavus
    • Kritosaurus
    • Eotrachodon
    • Velafrons
    • Tsintaosaurus
    • Sahaliyana
    • Amurosaurus
    • Olorotitan
    • Aralosaurus
    • Augustynolophus
    • Shantungosaurus

We all know that Magnapaulia was the biggest lambeosaurine hadrosaur that ever lived, but did you know that Kritosaurus means "broken lizard" due to the original specimen being found with broken nasal bones? Did you also know that the name Charonosaurus highlights the fact that it was found near a river by paying homage to the role of Charon in ferrying souls to the underworld along the Styx River? Also note that the name Hypacrosaurus means "under the top lizard" because Barnum Brown considered Hypacrosaurus to be almost the size of T. rex.

• I found this Informative 2

To be perfectly honest, hadrosaurs are among my least favorite dinosaurs (meaning I only like them a lot :) ) but I absolutely love how Parasaurolophus skulls have been scanned and modeled with computers so that we know what they sounded like. 

Recently got sent a bit of a probable hadrosaur pubis, but not sure which one. 

I had a plastic kit of a Corythosaurus as a child which I loved, so i'll go for that one. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Parasaurolophus has always been my favourite dinosaur since I was a child. But all hadrosaurs are really cool as well.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

5 hours ago, Cowboy Paleontologist said:

To be perfectly honest, hadrosaurs are among my least favorite dinosaurs (meaning I only like them a lot :) ) but I absolutely love how Parasaurolophus skulls have been scanned and modeled with computers so that we know what they sounded like. 

Yes indeed I heard the sound been reconstructed in a lecture many years ago, very melancholy.

Sentimental childhood favorite: Trachodon

Not a valid genus, we now know, but as a kid I loved it.:)

• I found this Informative 1

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

16 hours ago, TyBoy said:

Not one of my favorite groups but I do like Edmontosaurus which did not make your poll.   

Me too! Some of the reason is because of nostalgia from a computer game I used to play where I captured and Edmontosaurus and trained it.

Edmontosaurus represent!' 

I'm voting Hadrosaurus mainly for personal reasons: I grew up in the town of Haddonfield, New Jersey, where the type specimen of Hadrosaurus foulkii was discovered in 1858.  There's a historical marker at the spot, and a half-life-sized statue of the dinosaur in a square just off the main street.

• I found this Informative 1