Matoaka Beach cabins

b. bartron

Wow, now that’s a tooth:meg::wub: nice find!

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

Kicking myself right now for writing off Matoaka as a productive tooth site. That's the find of a lifetime right there. Absolutely stunning. Congrats!!!

The Hunt for the Hemipristine continues!

~Hoppe hunting!~

Gorgeous tooth!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Amazing! I saw it on the facebook group too!

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

Never say never .... that's how you let the big ones slip away. Haha

Whooo boy !! .. that is beautiful. 

That’s a crazy find with some sweet colors to boot. Isn’t that also as big as the Maryland ones get?

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

About as nice as you could ask for.  In 10+ or so years of collecting that is the 2nd nicest tooth I've seen from the cabins in terms of quality and beats any I ever found there.  Congrats.  That place always seemed to be feast of famine for big teeth.  My experience was always you find a bunch of little teeth and not much else or but every 10th or so trip I'd find a trip maker that made the other 9 trips worth it.  I think that tooth would make my next 99 or so trips worth it.  Congrats again!

Oh... and Jersey Devil... no, they get bigger than 4 inches.  I know with certainty of at least 3 teeth that are 5+ from that area and 1 (that I never laid eyes on) but I believe exists from the stories that is purported to be the biggest tooth ever found from the cliffs at a hair over 7 inches (The mythical Dougie tooth).

Wowza :drool:

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

20 hours ago, The Jersey Devil said:

That’s a crazy find with some sweet colors to boot. Isn’t that also as big as the Maryland ones get?

6+ is rare but happens. Average is 2-3 I guess. IDK. 

On 1/17/2019 at 9:33 AM, HoppeHunting said:

Kicking myself right now for writing off Matoaka as a productive tooth site. That's the find of a lifetime right there. Absolutely stunning. Congrats!!!

Lots of great makos cows crocs a Meg Here and there. Plenty of good ecphora hunts...  Bones.  It's a nice section of choptank formation. 

25 minutes ago, b. bartron said:

Lots of great makos cows crocs a Meg Here and there. Plenty of good ecphora hunts...  Bones.  It's a nice section of choptank formation. 

I am curious as to why you removed the tooth from the matrix. It made for an awesome display?

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.