My First Tyrannosaurus Rex Tooth

Dinoguy89

6 minutes ago, Jaimin013 said:

Very nice must have cost quite a bit. It reminds me a little bit like the shape of mine but a bigger.

Yes as does most t-rex teeth. I've got quite a few 2" but it's when they get above 3-4 inches the price sky rockets. Also the serrations and enamel is great for a tooth of this size. I'm happy to pay it anyway and these fossils are incredible! 

• I found this Informative 3

8 minutes ago, Dinoguy89 said:

Yes as does most t-rex teeth. I've got quite a few 2" but it's when they get above 3-4 inches the price sky rockets. Also the serrations and enamel is great for a tooth of this size. I'm happy to pay it anyway and these fossils are incredible! 

Anyway good job on finding! Would you be willing to share pics in the forum or PM of teeth you have that are 2 inches? thanks 

5d738606eab6e_2018-11-1322_54_57-Greenshot-newlogo.png

Just now, Jaimin013 said:

Anyway good job on finding! Would you be willing to share pics in the forum or PM of teeth you have that are 2 inches? thanks 

Sure, I'll send some through in a bit :)

• I found this Informative 1

Just now, Dinoguy89 said:

Thanks! I like seeing what people have in their collections.

5d738606eab6e_2018-11-1322_54_57-Greenshot-newlogo.png

1 hour ago, Dinoguy89 said:

Great tooth!

Please share your collection on here for all to share we would all love to see 

21 minutes ago, Masp said:

A beast of a tooth! Congratulations! How do you plan on displaying it if you don’t mind me asking? 

Thanks! I've currently got it all wrapped up, but I've paid for a stand for it to sit proudly on and it will go in my office!

19 minutes ago, Dinoguy89 said:

Thanks! I've currently got it all wrapped up, but I've paid for a stand for it to sit proudly on and it will go in my office!

Here is a good post from our friend Snolly he inspired me to make a few stands myself. 

Here is one of my stand this one is for my spear head. Simply made out of wire and and old iron weight . If you got some wood working skills give it a go.  :dinothumb:

C429ADB8-AB8E-4DAC-B0E0-21E3B6EC73E9.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Dinoguy89 said:

Awesome please share the final result some time. Curious to see!

9 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Here is a good post from our friend Snolly he inspired me to make a few stands myself. 

Here is one of my stand this one is for my spear head. Simply made out of wire and and old iron weight . If you got some wood working skills give it a go.  :dinothumb:

C429ADB8-AB8E-4DAC-B0E0-21E3B6EC73E9.jpeg

They look really cool. I have gone for a flat stand and it's going to have soft material where the tooth will sit. I paid so much that I don't want to damage any serrations etc. 

1 minute ago, Dinoguy89 said:

They look really cool. I have gone for a flat stand and it's going to have soft material where the tooth will sit. I paid so much that I don't want to damage any serrations etc. 

Sounds great please post it so we can see. .